Search the forum,

Discuss Powerflushing 60 rad heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,

keen to to get a ballpark figure on what you would charge for this? It's a whole block of a school and they have asked if we can price for doing it next week on half-term.

Never priced for a system this size before and want to make sure I don't miss anything out!!

Thanks,

Keiran.

Iron pipe if so really not worth it just do a Mains flush

I'm off to take a look at the system this afternoon. Yeah if the pipes are iron then there isn't much point of putting chemicals into it to be honest and will probably mains flush the rads individually.

Our machine does up to 40 rad heating systems so we would probably zone part of it off if not already zoned and do it in 2 halves.

Pricing wise I'm thinking 5x the amount of work of a typical domestic system plus another 1x for faff with a bigger system so probably 6x the cost of a domestic heating system.

I'm off to take a look at the system this afternoon. Yeah if the pipes are iron then there isn't much point of putting chemicals into it to be honest and will probably mains flush the rads individually.

Our machine does up to 40 rad heating systems so we would probably zone part of it off if not already zoned and do it in 2 halves.

Pricing wise I'm thinking 5x the amount of work of a typical domestic system plus another 1x for faff with a bigger system so probably 6x the cost of a domestic heating system.

Unless evidence to the contrary, assume rad valves have been abused and a high number need replacing. Price for replacement at high unit cost and ensure availability.

Just been to look today. The whole system is piped in LCS. Anyone got any experience of powerflushing this? If so any tips at all??

Just been to look today. The whole system is piped in LCS. Anyone got any experience of powerflushing this? If so any tips at all??

Your going to push more crud than your going to remove, flush the rads that's it tbh not worth doing would allow a week with new valves

Interesting, so the consensus is it's not really possible to flush 'commercial' systems like in schools etc?

Interesting, so the consensus is it's not really possible to flush 'commercial' systems like in schools etc?

Nope never do tbh and never known anyone to, more down if that blocked replace Pipework

Half the time they don't have inhb in so will create more sludge / corrosion

Hi croft

Walk away! The only reason they are asking you, is that no one else will toutch it.
Lcs will soon be banned from all government building contracts. Not much wrong with the pipe, it's just not been maintained, keep air free and correctly dosed. So will be as thin as tissue paper.
A good clean. Might dislodge the only thing that is stopping the pipe from leaking.

Hi croft

Walk away! The only reason they are asking you, is that no one else will toutch it.
Lcs will soon be banned from all government building contracts. Not much wrong with the pipe, it's just not been maintained, keep air free and correctly dosed. So will be as thin as tissue paper.
A good clean. Might dislodge the only thing that is stopping the pipe from leaking.

Hi croft

are you on about pressfit chalked

think coft is on about normal threaded steel pipe

Yes mate.
I should read the first post more thoroughly! :toilet:

fair enough :)

and its a shame but the wall thickness lets it down

have a look at viega megapress

I class lcs, as thin wall press fit. And call all other steel, either black iron, or screwed?

I class lcs, as thin wall press fit. And call all other steel, either black iron, or screwed?

Me too.

Last time I went to merchant and asked for black iron tube, some 12 year old behind counter said
" yeah, it's red mate not black ". I couldn't believe he'd said it, I suppose it's a sign of the times. I started to explain but bored myself and shut up.

same but im sure people get mixed

lcs and erw (think wall steel pipe)

the just medium and heavy (thick and very thick)

:D

I was on a job at a school 3 year or so ago where they were power flushing the heating in the main block. That was on screwed inch half one pipe if memory serves correct , 3 of them on it water came out black as hell god knows what they charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Powerflushing 60 rad heating system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock