Discuss Power Flush - Single pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have recently fitted a new system boiler on a single pipe system. I fitted a MagnaClean twin tech and left the X800 cleaner in the system while i was on holiday for 2 weeks. System has now been drained down and i have fitted TRV's on radiators. Yes I know they dont really work well on this type of system but it helps a bit. Problem is that now a couple of the rads are not getting hot all over. Do you think it would be worth doing a power flush using Kamco FX2 and seeing if this helps or is it pointless on a single pipe system. I know the best option is to upgrade to a 2 pipe system but ...............

Any advice would be much appreicated

powerflush wont really do much as it takes the route of less resistance and not through the rads. You can remove the rads and flush each one in turn?

were the trv's standard or ones designed for one pipe systems? i would first remove the trv's on the troubled rads and see if it helps.

nothing wrong with a one pipe system, work well.

Power flush on a single pipe is like herding cats........cats that have been on the nip and regularly attended disobedience classes. Individual rads as AWheating suggests or you can pressurise each bad radconsecutively during flush via bleed valve with a pump which will force the flow down. A pain to do but cheaper than a re-pipe and might help. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power Flush - Single pipe system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My Mother-in-law was quoted £1,000 by British Gas to do a power flush on her system as her rads aren't performing well. I was wondering, as 4...
Replies
Views
Hi I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old. There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the...
Replies
Views
Hi i bought the house that Jack built and ohh has the heating been left to spoil. Prior to moving in 2 new firebird boilers were fitted, silver...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi All I have a single pipe central heating system which was extended 20 years ago when we had an extension. The heating upstairs has never been...
Replies
Views
In December 2022 (i.e. 5 months ago) I had a full system power flush conducted. Now the previously clear UFH flow gauges are black again. Is it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock