Discuss Power Flush advice needed in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Its not unreasonable for them to stick to the original job. If its just that pipe that you were trying to clear then 2h is prob enough time to know its not going to happen.
Personally I would offer any possible alternatives, I've had success with high pressure back up pipe and some vigorous adjutation but its not an established practice, could end in burst pipe and usually needs replacing.

For that money I'd expect more
Thanks knappers. In your opinion, would you feel you’ve exhausted the possibility of clearing the blockage after 2 hours? Was chatting to a company today and they said it’s really a persistence and patience game and not unusual for a blockage to slowly clear over a few hours. Once the flow is marginally restored, it becomes increasingly easy and quicker to clear the rest as the flow through the blockage is possible

Tbh, me personally, I’m not getting beaten by a blocked piece of pipe. It just a pipe. One way or another it’s getting unblocked.

That might mean cutting in access and using steel wire inside to try and free stuff up.
It might be calling it a day after 2 hours with the view of leaving the chemical in for a few days (duration depends on chemical) and coming back for round two.

I’d discuss all this with you and come to an agreeable solution/cost for both parties.

Only once, have I not be able to deliver what I said I could and it still bugs me. Never again.

If there's any flow at all then definitely but if absolutely none then its very unlikely powerflushing is all about flow and not a fix all solution. I think its been mentioned that a straight run (no elbows) could be 'snaked'. I wouldn't go straight into another powerflush but find someone to asses the job and make recommendations.
If anything in your situation id avoid anyone who puts too much emphasis on a powerflush.

Tbh, me personally, I’m not getting beaten by a blocked piece of pipe. It just a pipe. One way or another it’s getting unblocked.

That might mean cutting in access and using steel wire inside to try and free stuff up.
It might be calling it a day after 2 hours with the view of leaving the chemical in for a few days (duration depends on chemical) and coming back for round two.

I’d discuss all this with you and come to an agreeable solution/cost for both parties.

Only once, have I not be able to deliver what I said I could and it still bugs me. Never again.
Wish you were the guy I’d chosen based on that. My process was chems into system then left for a few weeks. Drain down and unfortunately zero improvement. Then two options, repipe or power flush. I pushed for repipe but was swayed towards power flush.
mad mentioned previously, not looking to blame anyone as appreciate no one can inside a blockage but can’t dismiss I’m a tad peeved that was quoted £750 for 5 rads based on 2 people taking all day and after 2 hours of flushing, called it a day and still charged me £750 although that’s a seperate conversation. Right now, I’m trying to establish if that’s acceptable or really wouldn’t it have been better to crack on as nloackage could have shifted 5 mins later. Won’t know if you don’t try.

I've been beaten too but only by customers budget, sometimes its just easier to replace. I know the feeling, the more you try the harder it is to accept.
Thinking about some kind of water hammer/shock device now....

Not really what you signed up for but high pressure flushing and harsh chemicals it would consern me a mix of plastic connected to copper? Theres quite a high probability of a failure and if it's under a oak floor then your in deep s--t and at a guess the cleaning operative probably wanted to avoid this, saying that £750 seems alot for 2 hours and it maybe worth asking for a reduction due to the time spent on site. Kop

Going slightly OT, but think we've covered the OP's question.

Has anyone tried using a pressure testing pump on a run like this? Hep2O will take 12 Bar at 20° and I wonder whether it might ne possible to isolate the section and pressurise and whether that might start to shift the blockage? If a fitting failed, you'd only lose a small quantity of water, and if it's ground floor, you don't even risk staining the ceiling below.

Reply to Power Flush advice needed in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock