Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima. Runs for few hours then shuts down, red light. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi

Potterton Suprima I have to look at, red flashing light. Will not reset on button.

if it's switched off at the wall then switched back on it fires up fine and will run for a few hours no problem.

Goes off again, will not relight.

What would you be checking?

I'm thinking slow running pump, blocked feed maybe?

Aps?

thanks

Last edited:
These are known for pcb,s. if it's aps the fan would run but no ignition. Best bet is ring the tech help line up, but my momeys on pcb.

These are known for pcb,s. if it's aps the fan would run but no ignition. Best bet is ring the tech help line up, but my momeys on pcb.

Thanks. I will check with technical, I have changed quite a few pcbs on these and the aps.

The cust did say the fan is noisy, if the fan is running slow could that cause this boiler to go off?

Yes, but I don't think the earning light comes on. it just stops.

I spoke to Technical today. He said it can't be the PCB, said it's the asp but unable to test it as working intermittently.

Doesn't fill me with confidence.

PCB was changed 2 years ago, not that that counts for anything.

I have told customer I will go with pcb and aps and return whichever doesn't get used.

Have asked cust to pay for parts up front and I'd return part of non used part. I have done work for the guy (landlord) before, only a couple of small jobs. He will not be present at the property, he has paid ok in the past although only after a few phone calls asking for it to be paid. He has said he doesn't want to pay out so much in case I'm wrong. If I got it wrong and it was neither of these parts I would take the hit obviously.

I think that's reasonable as I don't want to take the risk of not getting paid.

He's just text me and said can I try the aps first and go from there.

I'm with Leo thinking more likely the PCB.

He's now asked me to get both parts after a lot of messing about texting back and forth. Now unable to order parts for tomorrow. City plumbing branch i use do not have in stock either. I'll try and see if anywhere else have them but will need to get lucky.

PCB fault these boilers are known for it, new board comes complete with wiring loom so they take a bit more tine to fit

PCB fault these boilers are known for it, new board comes complete with wiring loom so they take a bit more tine to fit

Yeah I have changed a few of these.

Thing that is annoying on this is I can change the asp and it might be ok still temporarily but won't know if it's the pcb unless it packs up again.

Yeah I have changed a few of these.

Thing that is annoying on this is I can change the asp and it might be ok still temporarily but won't know if it's the pcb unless it packs up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima. Runs for few hours then shuts down, red light. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock