Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Suprima 40 out, Worcester Bosche Greenstar 12ri in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alankearn

I think I am OK to change from this but would like confirmation
Potterton Suprima 40 which I think is 11.7kw
The above has worked perfectly set at 20c the vast majority of the approx 14 years it has been installed

To a new install of a Worcester Bosche Greenstar 12ri

Our 3 bed semi detached house was built in the early 1970s
Double glazed throughout, loft fully insulated to recommended standards,the cavity walls have been insulated,
The hot water cylinder has a foam?? type close fitted insulation cover

The radiators in use are

1 x 103x72cm
1 x 111x72cm
1 x 212x58cm
1 x 128x58cm
1 x 70x56 double sided hallway bottom of stairs
1 x 150x50cm tall bathroom towel slat type

Radiators not turned on
1 x 103x72cm in small galley type kitchen that reaches the other room temperature without being turned on.
1 x 103x 72 in a 9X9 feet bedroom that again reaches the other room temperature without being turned on and probably helped with a bit of heat from the hot water cylinder in cubby hole .

Thanks
Maybe back with another question tomorrow when I get my camera batteries charged up

Last edited by a moderator:
I would strongly recommend you get a Gas Safe engineer in and he will recommend and size your property accordingly with a proper heat loss calculation

I would strongly recommend you get a Gas Safe engineer in and he will recommend and size your property accordingly with a proper heat loss calculation

OK this is problem I have.
To me the the Popperton and the Worcester produce about the same performance but having had different two quotes I am not totally sure.
One quote from a small local business (3 Vans) that do a lot of work on the same type of houses on our estate.
This it
1 Worcester Bosche Greenstar 12 ri High efficiency Boiler
2 " " " Flue kit and terminal guard
3 " " " magnetic filter
4 A full flush of your system using the Adey Magnacleanse rapid filter and Adey MC5 Industial cleaning materials
5 Adey MC1 inhibitor added to the system
6 All pipes fittings and labour to complete the work
7 8 years Worcester Bosche Guarantee on boiler and controls (provided the boiler is serviced annually)
8 A gas certificate of installation complying with building regulations
Total cost Fully fitted including VAT £1645.20

The other Quote from a fitter about 2/3 miles away
Worcester 15 ri heat only boiler renew gas from underneath kitchen units Renew pipework from top of boiler up to 1 meter
Conensate to nearby drain
All pipework and fittings to suit
Register Boiler with Gas Safe for current building regulations
Remove all waste from job on completion
All pipework and fittings guaranteed for 1 year
The boiler will come with a 5 year manufacturers Warranty
Labour and materials for the above is at a cost of £1824.00

Well done for getting a couple of quotes. I would ask both what they came up with when they carried out the heat loss calculation. Rough *** packet calc would say 12kw should be there or there abouts but the 15kw could be rated down if necessary, which would give you flexibility for future system changes. Also there are factors other than what you've listed. If either of them have done proper calcs then id go with them

as above but i like how the first one has listed what hes going to do, as above for size wise there isnt that much difference between the 12 and 15 kw models,

I would always go on the high side (for any additional rads later on etc) and have you had a word with any of there completed jobs just to double check there work etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Suprima 40 out, Worcester Bosche Greenstar 12ri in in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock