Discuss Potterton promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Had a call to one of these earlier 6 years old intermittent e133 fault (interrupted gas supply) from fault code.

Boiler goes through sequence everything calling , pump spins ,fan spins but can't here it sparking , pulled out probes didn't look like anything was wrong gap looked ok not overly dirty.

Checked the terminals off the board think 1/5 and had little DC current was initially thinking gas valve but now thinking board .

Any you agree?

100% sure about electrodes? Can fit a pound coin in gap? Continuity ok?
High and low CO set up perfectly?
Condensate pipework clear?

Im not 100% sure thats why asked on here , was a gap between electrodes but would say not big enough to pop pound coin through.
Wouldn't even flash flash up to check CO and condensate clear .

You know what never even thought about that , got a bit tunnel vision on the pcb

If a pound coin dose not fit tight in electrode gap they may be knackered.
You check for continuity through the electrode?

100vdc across X2 connector terminals 2 & 5 or the board may be gone.

Only got 15 dc over the terminals which made me think the board may have an issue from then got a bit tunnel vision ,

One of those turned up to do a service 'oh hello your boiler don't work'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock