Discuss Potterton Promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rickster123

Hi guys hope you can help me,

I have a customer that has a Potterton Promax System boiler. Its on an S plan system and feeds a megaflow and 14 rads.
The boiler fires, heats the rads/water reaches temperature then goes off as it should, temperature drops down, boiler re fires and then over heats.
Theres NO bypass fitted to the system and although i know there should be ive been told that the system has worked fine for 3 years.
He's had another engineer in who fitted a new PCB for no obvious reason, charged in excess of 300 quid and buggered off so he's a little paranoid now. I dont want to just throw parts at the boiler so any ideas would be great!
Thanks in advance,
Adam

If the instructions state u need a bypass, the first thing i would be doing is fitting one ! I know the conventional promax doesnt req one as it has no pump over run, not sure about the system version ?

Im not sure to honest. Trouble is its been up and working for 3 years without a bypass. Not sure i can convince him that it now suddenly needs one.

i believe the system promax has a built in bypass,before going any further check the filter in the returns not blocked also take the cold resistance of the flow and return thermistors from cold your looking for 10k

Cheers Gas man, is the return filter easy to get to? I'll check the thermistors. The MIs point towards a circulation problem?

I've had this before, changing the overheat stats cured the problem (one near fan), but another where it hasn't.

Also check wiring for pump over run?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock