Discuss Potterton promax system 24 he plus expansion vessel. Can I recharge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ashy

Hello,

My boiler has started to lose pressure. I placed a bag over the pressure release valve drain and then pressurised system to 2 bar with the heating off. It remained steady and didn't lose pressure. I then switched the heating on and watched the pressure. It gradually increased to 3 bar and leaked into the bag over the valve drain. When the heating went off the pressure then dropped right down. I'm not a plumber put quite handy and suspect the expansion vessel. I can't see any leaks on it. It's an Cimm rp250 8L tank. Can I recharge it with a car style pump or is it knackered?

Cheers,

Dave

on cold fill up you should put in 1 bar pressure 1.5 at most so let some pressure out system till you are around that mark and try again

Thanks,

Released some of the pressure and tried at 1.25 bar with the same result. The pressure gradually rose as the water in the system heated to 3 bar and leaked into bag.[

Cheers,

Dave

QUOTE=leaky;440994]on cold fill up you should put in 1 bar pressure 1.5 at most so let some pressure out system till you are around that mark and try again[/QUOTE]

I'll recharge once and if it goes again then get it replaced. Thanks for help.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax system 24 he plus expansion vessel. Can I recharge? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock