Discuss Potterton Promax Sl - no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Paul Estruch

Hi

I recently moved in to a new house which has a Potterton Promax SL 15. It has been running fine for the first week with no problems. However last night it stopped working. I have looked, there is no flame, pressing the reset button seems to do nothing and there is no noise at all coming from it and have tried turning off and on what I beleve to be the main boiler power switch. I assume something should make a noise generally (I have never had to press the reset) button before?

Any ideas on whether my guess about it receiving no power being correct? Is there any further tests I could do? Any trouble shooting ideas? (Don't rule out me doing/missing something stupid).

Thanks

Short of checking the house fuse board and the fused switched spur feeding the boiler and heating system there's not a lot you can do except check that all your stats are turned up.

Please read the forum rules regarding diy repairs to boilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax Sl - no heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock