Discuss potterton promax HE system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZR

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi all above boiler keeps blowing the f2 fuse on the main board the pump runs fine and the fan has 12v going to it so would this mean the transformer is ok ? also i have removed the van and the bearing seem fine any help would be good thank you as you can tell im crap with break downs but willing to learn :D

Has it been wired correctly? You could check the resistance of the pump in case the coil has gone.

nah its on the gledhill upstairs the pump runs fine just the fuse blows every time the fuse is changed and the pump is still running, the fan has 12v going to it but doesn't run the bearings seem fine on the fan, the fact that the fan has 12v going to it i would say the transformer is ok, so i would imagine its a faulty fan but not 100% ???? help please

Have you got a link to a picture of the boiler as I thought it was the one with the on board pump.

went back to site removed every component individually with a bucket full of fuses, to find that when i removed the transformer nothing blew plug the transformer in and the fuse blew so i would say ........................ transformer is faulty ? carnt see why i was getting 12v at the fan tho ? strange

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton promax HE system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back