Search the forum,

Discuss potterton promax he store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

plumb_know

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi Everyone,

I am going to a promax he store which i serviced a few weeks back due to loud noise when heating was on. i cleaned burner replacing burner door seal & flue sensor.

on the 1st visit the boiler was running fine until it modulated to low rate, the flame was not regulating properly, cutting off & on banging. the flue htc resistance was not right so we replaced this and all seemed fine on commissioning.

now the customer is saying she turned the heating on to dry some clothes and boiler is louder than before.

when i go there i will be checking working pressure etc again just wondered if anyone has experience with these and knows of common faults i could be checking for??

Thanks in advance

Thanks harvest,

Called potterton and they said most likely gas valve picked one up but seemed calibration was way out tried adjusting it but wasn’t getting anywhere fast. Going back this evening with another new one, will let you know how it goes

Here now and was not faulty gas valve, new one is doing the same.

It I put it in max test mode and co2 goes sky high and reaches max temp in about 30secs so haven’t got long enough to adjust gas valve. Then in min as it regulates down get vidating and flame lifting.

Getting 20mbar operation pressure, cleaned burner, replaced flue htc & burner door seal on last visit.

Anyone got any ideas?

yeah maybe, is there any way to check the fan is operating at the correct speed? It looks/sounds like it is operating ok.

i will call baxi tomorrow again and see what they say.

Burner clean etc

Was the test done with the cover on or off

Hi Shaun,

Yes i cleaned out the burner previously, the burner is sealed but i also had the internal boiler casing on when doing the test.

I have replaced flue sensor & replaced burner door gasket seal.

appreciate the help

Reply to potterton promax he store in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock