Discuss Potterton Promax HE 15 2004 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ok all, an update on this friggin Potterton.

I couldn't rest as it's getting on my nerves not being successfully in fault finding this boiler.

I went back to to tenants house (obviously I won't be charging for this) and could not replicate the issue.

The boiler was on when I arrived and the tenant said it came on without him having to flip the reset. I turned it off and on numerous times but it lit without fail each time.

I check the lines for water anyway and all is good.
Nothing stands out now
I am now decided that the gas valve is not the issue.

Maybe an intermittent ignition PCB fault which ran alongside the blocked condensate?

Rectification fault maybe ? I have had this on a slightly squashed ignition lead resulting in a weak spark and failing to ignite the gas pilot causing nuisance lockouts, worth checking . Kop

Set of new electrodes should sort it. Had a very similar problem on a floor standing Potterton of the same burner. The white wires going into the electrodes seem to have a bad connection after a number of years.

And before anyone says, yes GSR. Awaiting on Admin also :p

Reply to Potterton Promax HE 15 2004 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

In our Village Hall we have a Ideal Concord CXS/SD40/H central heating boiler. This was installed new when we had an extension built and the...
Replies
Views
Hi new to this forum, hope someone will have the answer to my issue. I have Recently had a new Diverter valve brass body and motor replaced on my...
Replies
Views
Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my family and I are starting to crack. I'll start at the beginning, and maybe someone will see...
Replies
Views
I have a Potterton Promax 15 HE from around 2005. When I put the hot water on for an hour or central heating, the boiler runs for about ten...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock