Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton Promax FSB 30HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoney Ground

Stoney Ground
Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Went to one of these this week boiler locked out.

Reset, and fired then dropped out 5 times to lockout.

Checked ignition sensing probes and cleaned, then all 3 cables slid out of porcelain.

Combustion door seal was brittle on bottom right.

Ordered spares and fitted replaced seals, fired up and FGA readings quite high, check gas rate and 33kW boiler is doing 40kW. Get back to boiler and burning smell and all 3 leads melting.

So need more spares and gas valve not adjustable, which means new GV. May replace combustion door as well.

Anyone else had issues with these.

Mate, I spend most of my day looking at these heaps - there's loads fitted round here....

Drop sump out of the bottom and check it's not full, and also check insulation pads at the back aren't deteriorated with the heat buildup. Also flue seal at the top of heat exchanger going onto turret break down sharpish causing high readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Promax FSB 30HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up to 1.3. I've had an engineer look inside the boiler and he can't see anything wrong. I've checked the pipes all over the house and cannot see any...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock