Discuss potterton promax 28 he fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

david4924

having problems with a potterton promax 28 he, no fault codes showing call for heat and nothing happens only tempreture displayed. put hot tap on and hot water light comes on but its only the pump that kicks in then nothing else happens. when you reset it the fan kicks in for pre purge so fan is ok. was thinking the p.c.b but an expensive part so want to be sure, anyone ever came across this?

no because if fan is not running then how can the aps be at fault ? there is no power going to fan.

having problems with a potterton promax 28 he, no fault codes showing call for heat and nothing happens only tempreture displayed. put hot tap on and hot water light comes on but its only the pump that kicks in then nothing else happens. when you reset it the fan kicks in for pre purge so fan is ok. was thinking the p.c.b but an expensive part so want to be sure, anyone ever came across this?

you stated fan was ok

i just meant that fan hadnt ceased and was able to run as when i reset the boiler the fan automatically comes on fur 2-3 seconds to pre purge. but when call for heat or hot water fan does need even attempt to run.

yes pump is runs then nothing else happens and no fault codes.

fan is next port of call then, just listening to boiler may not be enough, although no fault codes.

i would have thought that if the fan is not getting signal from p.c.b ie power supply, you would then think this is a faulty p.c.b?

pump,fan,aps,igntion, if no fault codes then possibly pcb also, but unless you check these using your multi meter how do you know how far its getting in its sequence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton promax 28 he fault in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock