Discuss Potterton promax 24 he plus ,leaking pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kaydee

Hello new to this forum,I have a slight leak from the expansion vessel in my potterton promax 24 he plus,I can get a new one and replacing it is easy,my question is this ,Do I need to pressurise the vessel after fitting via the schraeder valve,or will it self pressurise once I repressurise the heating system,it's the only thing that I can't find any info on
many thanks

Thanks again nice of you to take the time to reply,this is a damn good forum and helpful people
cheers

Kaydee :welcome: :)

You never changed an expansion vessel before I take it, or been with someone who has?

What do you mean by a 'slight leak from your expansion vessel" ? I'm curious, where is it fitted and where are you seeing the leak come from? Combi or system boiler?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi diamond gas
never done one before but ,seen video ,only 2 retaining screws and the bottom attachment ,depressurise system isolate supply,and off we go .the leak is comming from the bottom of the vessel at the folded seam where the 2 halves of the vessel are joined.got to watch it for a while to see the drops oozing out, and the giveaway rust deposit at the site of the leak.i have no formal training but forty years of taking apart everything from washing machines to car engines and a fair bit of building campervan ,plumbing ,electrics and some electronics,It's fairly basic but I don't mess with the gas side of things ,
cheers

Good to know mate!

So you can remove and replace without effecting the flue conection? Flue is side entry I gather? Just checking you don't have to remove th boiler to replace coz that involves effecting the flue and gas :)

Good to know mate!

So you can remove and replace without effecting the flue conection? Flue is side entry I gather? Just checking you don't have to remove th boiler to replace coz that involves effecting the flue and gas :)
if its a combi or system boiler steve same as a duotec

if its a combi or system boiler steve same as a duotec

Sitting behind the combustion case oozing merely :) Cheers mark ... Just downloaded the mi's :) ......... Ever get punch drunk with names? The forum makes me realise how little I pay attention to boiler Labels these days and more work with what's infront of me at the time :) Thanks for the heads up my friend :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax 24 he plus ,leaking pressure vessel in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock