Discuss Potterton promax 24/2he parts problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekJB

Gas Engineer
Hi can anyone steer me in the right direction, I have a client with a promax 24/2he and the silcone gromet/washer that is on the outside of the spark electrode [to prevent shorting out] is damaged and occasionally it shorts and then ingnites with a bit of a bang, when it doesnt short it fire up fine. I cant seem to locate a replacement part, I have spoken to potterton who just gave me the part number for the ignition assembly which does not have the gromet included, I have checked the heateams parts web site and still no joy, other option is to coat the area with a bit of silicone from a tube [heatmate] any solutions would be good,
Thanks,

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparkie tape? :lol: Those were the days ...hmmmmmmm!

:iagree: with gas man, Give their technical a call. You'd think the ignition lead would be available? It's the rubber boot your talking about yeh?

Potterton do a whole replacement front panel with new connections. They tell me theirs no problem with the old igntion assembly! So why bring out a new panel? If you also call tech you can remove a link on the pcb for a soft ignition, get it done asap as i gave seen the burners explode! Some funny co figures after that! Also check the combustion seals bum they break diwn and trip the fan overheat stat! Pain in the backside wirked on the bosses loads nightmare. Also had a pcb replacement before me.

Made the last post on iphone sorry about spelling mistakes! Fat fingers.

have you tried speaking to them on the trade helpline ?
Hi Gasman, yes that was my first port of call, the gave me the ingition parts number an said the gromet should be in it but it's not phoned two local parts companies and the inpected the parts and no gromet includued, I will try them again tomorrow,
thanks

sorry about the spelling I've got fat fingers too. :=]
if you get really stuck i will contact my mate on heatteam see if he knows but thats a last resort,stick around join the gas safe only forum pm dave or dan your gs number,name etc

silicon washer/grommet was used around ign electrode to prevent spark tracking to face plate.No longer used as electrodes 5110992 have changed slightly.
Or if needed complete combustion door kit complete 7200012201
This was done so one door fits all models as 3different types of elctrodes used last 10-12yrs of production

Hi Didda thanks for that, I used the phone number supplied in an earlier reply and the part number they gave me was different to the one supplied when I contacted potterton the first time, so your are right and i will sort it on monday.
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton promax 24/2he parts problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Worcester Heatslave 12/14 Had a plumber out for a suspected diverter valve problem. He changed the top part and left. Next day he said the brass...
Replies
Views
Desperate from Wales
D
I drained the system to replace the pump with a WIlo, and to add Fernox system cleaner. I will confess that I forgot to drain it in an organised...
Replies
Views
We have a boiler that greets the day by howling like a dog! At 4.30 am it starts with a low moan that builds quickly to a reverberating howl that...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am just about to move into a new build property. I took the water meter readings and they read 000000,620 I had a look around the...
Replies
Views
    • Winner
Hi Everyone, I have found a leak on the potterton promax system heat exchanger on top left hand side from a nipple held on by clip, believe it...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock