Discuss Potterton profile, ch works ok. hw works but rads get hot also. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

armyash

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Going to this job tomorrow.

The central heating works ok, goes on on and off when it should.

The boiler fires ok when there is a demand for HW but then the rads get hot too.

Apparently it's had a brand new three port put in last week but the fault still continues.

Programmer?

What else could it be?

Check that they've actually changed the 3 port and not just the head.

I'd look at the 3 port too first, its not uncommon for new parts to be faulty aswell

apart from what everyone else has said,have you asked if its a new fault or existing? can only be as already mentioned if recent but if existing last T rule has not been followed

I thought the guy only changed the head but he swears he changed the whole thing otherwise that's what i would have done first. I think he's going back today with a new programmer.

If you have 240v on white as well as orange with only HW on then double check the wiring. If you don't have 240v on white and it is still passing through the 3 port then he has probably only changed the head.

I have had a few cheap valves pass from brand new as well so it may be down to that.

If it is not circulating through the 3 port then it will probably be piped up wrong, if it is only just showing up after years the chances are someone has fitted a nrv and it's stuck open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton profile, ch works ok. hw works but rads get hot also. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I've just replaced our old Potterton EP2 CH controller with a Drayton Wiser HubR (& peripherals). The old backing plate wasn't...
Replies
Views
Hi All Bit of an urgent one being that time of year and can't get a plumber out until after xmas even on an emergency callout I have just...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
G
I've just bought a 3-floor house with a gas boiler on the ground floor and hot water tank on the middle floor. When I switch on the hot water at...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock