Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton primaf f vitiation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

srgs

Hi all I have just changed fan in potterton prima 40f . I replaced gasket that came supplied which attaches to the fan but was unable to change gasket off the flue elbow which was a bit worn . Turned boiler on and works fine to start with then notice signs of flame lift vitiation after a while . I've ordered a new gasket for flue elbow but was just wondering if should be checking other thing as well.as prior to changing fan this wasn't a problem cheers in advance

If I remember rightly the Prima F had a metal strip flue restrictor fitted to the terminal, is it still in place?

also check the inner flue terminal end very prone to rotting away on the prima

Hi all I have just changed fan in potterton prima 40f . I replaced gasket that came supplied which attaches to the fan but was unable to change gasket off the flue elbow which was a bit worn . Turned boiler on and works fine to start with then notice signs of flame lift vitiation after a while . I've ordered a new gasket for flue elbow but was just wondering if should be checking other thing as well.as prior to changing fan this wasn't a problem cheers in advance

If it was ok prior to fan change, ensure the fan is located correctly at the rear when it was slid in, not the easiest fan to locate properly, change flue gasket elbow as said too.
Also check the inner flue as gasman as said as a bit of movement may have finished it off.

If I remember rightly the Prima F had a metal strip flue restrictor fitted to the terminal, is it still in place?
I know what you mean pal, these were on Glow worms mainly the micron range, can't remember them on pottertons.....

End of terminal has rotted away but this was like that prior to fan so wouldn't of thought would of contributed to problem although could be wrong . Seem to have tight fit under securing bracket . Also when leave case seal slightly open runs as normal . Which makes me think it is elbow seal although haven't changed fan in one of these before. Although I will check inner flue gets light

Guarantee you it's a rotten flue! If your lucky it will just be the end and you can get a kit to repair it easily phone potterton for the part number ill pm you a link for it. I change loads of these. First thing I do now on these boilers is look at the flame picture for lift.

I'd recommend you download the MI's and see if there should be a restrictor fitted.
Also the other comments about the flue are worth exploring.

Thanks for advice I appreciate if you send me part number for inside flue . Any idea on price?

A lot less than the whole flue :) .. a common problem srgs and easy to replace!

Unless someone has cut the flue to short and the screws holding the terminal on are burried in the wall, I have had that a fair few times.

Thanks for advice I appreciate if you send me part number for inside flue . Any idea on price?
Was in region of ÂŁ30 I think.
Flue remedial kit GC. 794355

As mentioned, needed the hammer and chisel for most I have done as the flue fitted too short and screws covered by sand/cement.
If you dont need dig it out it is a 20 min job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton primaf f vitiation problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

J
Good afternoon all, I am a commercial gas engineer so little experience with domestic (although fully qualified). I have a problem with a Potterton combi gold whereas I initially had no heating. I looked at the actuator on the diverter which was not driving so for ÂŁ12:50 I just ordered a new...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been reading in that the boiler works fine for 95% of the time. It will often go a few days then we get the LF code. We hit reset and it always always...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Situation: Had a boiler system conversion. From Potterton boiler with Gledhill storage tank with on demand hot water to Veissman Combo with on demand hot water. 2 bed semi with only myself and wife living here. Unfortunately used iheat service which has no real customer service. Have had the...
Replies
Views
Hello I'm seeking helpwith a central heating problem please. It's a fully pumped system with a diverter valve for cylinder / rads and has an open header tank. Potterton Prima 40B. The first sign of trouble was yesterday evening, no hot water. The hot water and radiators had been ok earlier in...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old Potterton Prima 40F in my house, which I'm guessing is 10-20 years old. When I moved into the property in the winter of 2014, I had the same fault as I've seen tonight. I can hear a click, the boiler fan starts up and then a click and the fan stops. This repeats again and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock