Discuss Potterton prima 30b boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevin plumber

Basically i have a Potterton Prima 30b boiler installed in my flat which the landlord is reluctant to change. I light the boiler to which the pilot is lit, but when i call for heat through the room stat the burner fails to kick in. Ive checked the pump, is working and circulation is fine, ive checked all the electrics with a multi meter which again all seem to be working. Any ideas?

Hi gas man thanks for the reply, i have indeed tried pressing the overheat stat but nothing as it dosent seem to have tripped that!

you need to call in a gsr engineer,specific gas control parts require testing your landlord is obliged to arrange this

thanks for that i've got an idea its the gas valve which as gone up the creak, so gonna get that and the thermo couple changed to be on the safe side.

but you have said you have checked with a multimeter and the electrics are ok so that rules out the gasvalve if your not getting 240v and as your pilots lit thermos doing its job

If you are a tenant then it's your landlords responsibility to suply you with heat! It is there responsinility period!!!
The boilers is though, as basic as can be..........imho .............. You certainly have an ignition issue but only a GSR engineer will be able to deternmine that safely :)

I know what the landlord is obliged to do, i've posted this to get an idea of what the fault maybe. I will get a gas engineer to do the works in question but thought this was a plumbers forum where you could get information and not told to call an engineer! I don't mean this in a rude way, i'm just trying to get to the bottom of the problem!!

thats fair what you say but on this forum we only give advice that concerns safety to people who can prove there competency,plumbing issues no problem the advice will flow freely however you dont have plumbing problems you have a broken boiler,if you could prove your gsr we could help you

I know what the landlord is obliged to do, i've posted this to get an idea of what the fault maybe. I will get a gas engineer to do the works in question but thought this was a plumbers forum where you could get information and not told to call an engineer! I don't mean this in a rude way, i'm just trying to get to the bottom of the problem!!

Your problem is IN MY OPINION .... you find it difficult to take note of good advice and are instead trying to find a way of DIY ! The fault in question is not DIY IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton prima 30b boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock