Discuss potterton prima 100 short cycling when off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

martindavie

Hi i have a long running problem with a potterton prima f 100e , after the boiler has been used and programmer is not calling for any heat or hot water it should be OFF but it continues to short cycle (burner fires for 10/20 secs then turns off) every 20 mins for ever ,unless i disconect supply to boiler via a timer plug.
I have changed thermostats ,overrun +boiler + tank , the motorised valves appear to be working as they should , i have reduced flow through the systems to increase efficency ,
i suspect the initial wiring of boiler to heating controls , any similar problems experienced by any one else with possibly a logical fix? . martin

Would point maybe to one of the micro switches on one of the motorised valves being broken/stuck in the on position even when valve is in closed position

imho

thanks microswitch giving a signal all the time , have new actuator on order, should be sorted now ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to potterton prima 100 short cycling when off in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
We are experiencing an issue with CH short cycling on a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 25i ErP boiler. From a cold start the boiler fires for only ~25...
Replies
Views
Good morning, wondered if anyone can advise please on a resolution? My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed detached with 21 radiators...
Replies
Views
I have a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F FS2B 26kW Storage Gas Boiler installed in 2014. The boiler has developed a problem recently where it short...
Replies
Views
tinodj
T
Hi everyone I have an issue with my potterton prima boiler and would love some help. It works fine when either CH or HW are on but when they are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock