Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Potterton Powermax HE - Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Neil Burke

Hope someone can help as this is doing my head in:mad2:

We have a Potterton Powermax HE that despite having the heating turned off and the thermostat set to the lowest setting still heats the radiators as though its -10c outside! Throughout the pressure is unchanged at 1.7

Is there a cheap easy short term fix to isolate the heating (according to the instruction manual there is but doesnt say what) or any ideas on what the long term solution is & could cost?

Thank you from a tropical north Derbyshire :sweatdrop::sweatdrop:

Neil

It involves employing a Gas safe engineer. Unfortunately the forum rules won't allow the members to give advise on gas appliances to members of the public . It's simple and straightforward to fix tho .

Thanks not asking how but if there is a short term fix? Also poss cost on a long term fix. Done bits in the past re water etc but know not to get involved where boilers & Gas are concerned

No short term fix. Recently bought part for required fix - not cheap. Would Allow for around ÂŁ350 for fix.

Sorry . Oh gosh, defo job for a gsr

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Powermax HE - Heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there Hoping for some advice on a plumbing issue. Bit of background - currently I am not using my gas central heating system. The system is 20+...
Replies
Views
P
Hi there, please help dont have a clue how to set this up. Ive recently installed a complete new central heating system in my house myself. The...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I've got a British Gas 330+ Heat only boiler and it displayed an F25 error (lack of water iirc) on Sunday. I read the manual and bled the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a an IDEAL ICOS HE 15 boiler that was fitted in 2005 to a new build property and in general it's been pretty reliable over the years...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock