Discuss Potterton Perfroma 24 Pressure /Heating Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

badflaw

Hello . I have a Potterton Performa 24 in the house I have recently moved into.

The pressure during CH was rising rapidly , dumping through PRV then dropping. I googeld for symptoms the internal expansion vessel and water came out.

Ive fitted an 8ltr external expansion vessel to the heating return line close to the boiler. I then bled and balanced radiators as per advice on the net.

The heating worked , some radiators very hot some cold. bled and balanced again- all hot.

about 12 hours later i noticed pressure had raised gradually and room temp dropping..
today ive had to drain pressure regularily and the radiators arent getting very warm.. probably as boiler cutting out..
I purchased a new PRV th same time as the expansion vessel as the old one had been firing a million times an hour .I haven't fitted it yet as I heard they can be damaged after one use and i wanted to check the fault had dissapeared first. Though Im wondering could the old prv be causing this current issue.

PS boiler doesn't have any external controls eg room theromostat

Im an industrial maintenance technician so have good electrical/mechanical fault finding understanding ..though Im no gas engineer!

Thanks in advance..

as said disconnect filling lop to make sure not passing,if still rises possible plate heat exchanger split

was water in system black or clear when you drained

As you just moved into property problem could have been on going and system corroded,was there any brown staining under pr pipework outside

Last edited by a moderator:
for a start 8 ltr is a bit on the small side for a performa would have gone with 10 myself as said check filling loop not passing if that checks out ok you either have a undersized vessel or a pinholed plate heat exchanger

Thanks for the,reply . There,was,some .copper residue /silt at bottom when I draim from bolier vdrain valve in manifold.how do I,rectify issues this causes. How do I diagnos leaking plate exchanger please

Thanks for the,reply . There,was,some .copper residue /silt at bottom when I draim from bolier vdrain valve in manifold.how do I,rectify issues this causes. How do I diagnos leaking plate exchanger please

if it turns out to be plate,you will have to replace it

Thankyou but how do I prove /disprove the olate exchanger. Is this the dhw echanger or burner one. Also what does the copper residue indicate ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton Perfroma 24 Pressure /Heating Issues in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock