Discuss Potterton kingfisher MF 100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

unguided1

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
been notified by one of my regulars that a potterton kingfisher MF that I installed about 9 years ago has gone a bit loopy, She said that the heating and hot water was very hot hot so I said why is your heating on in the summer, she said its not!!!!! and when she looked at the ancient temp gauge on the old existing 11/2" pipework it had gone past 220F!!!! thats a 104C in new money so I have told her to cut the power to the whole system and I will look at it this afternoon

So my question is what can cause a boiler that has only had regular 12 month services since being installed suddenly have a number of faults in this way, namely the programmer
is not working correctly, at the moment it is only programmed for the domestic hot water to come on, but the heating is working as well but the more worrying bit is the fact that the boiler temp stat and over heat stat have appeared to have packed up at the same time causing the boiler to run in excess of 100 degrees.

I have a number of theories and will be looking at this, this afternoon but your input will be greatly received.:confused::confused::confused:

I think I'd be checking to make sure the gas valve isn't sticking unguided1 .... You'd think the o/heat would have tripped and gone to lock-out? They've got a manual reset on a pcb in the front cover.

I think I'd be checking to make sure the gas valve isn't sticking unguided1 .... You'd think the o/heat would have tripped and gone to lock-out? They've got a manual reset on a pcb in the front cover.

Cheers DG I will go back to how we used to sort out problematic gas valves by clouting it with a hammer and see if that works!!!!!

Not sure if it's relevant but a retired bg guy told me recently, that they'd had an internal memo saying the heat exchanger (on the outside between the fins) was prone to blockage on the kingfisher.

sounds like a gas valve or thermostat failure whats intriguing is why the o/h stat has not kicked in, similar to the faults i am getting on worcester 24/28i combis pcb fails ignoring the high limit stat and thermistor, goes to full rate in ch mode the only thing that stops it is the aps melting

sounds like a gas valve or thermostat failure whats intriguing is why the o/h stat has not kicked in, similar to the faults i am getting on worcester 24/28i combis pcb fails ignoring the high limit stat and thermistor, goes to full rate in ch mode the only thing that stops it is the aps melting

The kingfisher mf has a pcb that I'm sure got a bit mental now and again ... Started acting up like psycho!!! whatever happened to thermocouple, gas valve, boiler stat? sheeeeeeeesh!

The kingfisher mf has a pcb that I'm sure got a bit mental now and again ... Started acting up like psycho!!! whatever happened to thermocouple, gas valve, boiler stat? sheeeeeeeesh!

whatever happened to thermocouple, gas valve, boiler stat? sheeeeeeeesh!
that would make things simple,and a easy life,not many brake downs and manufactures would not be making as much of a mint on spares

I didnt manage to get there this afternoon as I got held up on some office work, so going in the morning now but I will report back as soon as I look at it, Fortunately my customer doesnt need the heating and the hot water is working on the back up immersion

Psycho!!!!!!!!!!!! dont worry diamongas I wont be showering with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton kingfisher MF 100 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock