Search the forum,

Discuss Potterton heatmax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kyle87

So seen it in pts with a half decent price. Coming with a clock and flue.

To my inexperienced eyes it looks identical to a duo tec - the clock.

I know baxi and potterton are all run by BDR Thermea so it makes seance I they are virtually the same and sold with different badges.

Question!!........

Are they the same?

If not, are they any good?

Thanks

heatmax/promax-2 yw duotec HEA/TITANIUM-7yw plat-10yw

Really is that all.
Sod that then.

Yea 7 and ten year on the baxi is what we've been told. Didn't know the warranty on the heat max would be so bad

Just buy a platinum. 10 years p&l magnaclean rf stat inhibitor, sludge and flux & telescopic flue ÂŁ1045 inc

No but I did expect more than a biasi warranty

Pay biasi money get Baxi boiler but biasi warranty. Be honest though..... Duo tec 1 how many faults occur? Spark electrodes after about 3 to 5 years...... Some times Hall effect sensor but not much else. Parts are cheap and readily available. If you fit a max, if it lasts for 7 years bin it and get anew one with the money you save! Baxi may have release duo tec 3 by then and be in the process of withdrawing it!

BAXI DUO-TEC 28HE CENTERRAD HEAT PACK @ 869 + vat.(boiler,flue,TRV's & LS valves & 7 RADS up to 35,000 BTU'S) To unsub txt NO to 60022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton heatmax in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Can I jump in here rather than starting a new thread about the same thing? We were about to start getting quotes for a new combi (just moved into a house with a 10 yr old Vokera) and it's now packed up on us. Heat exchanger is bust so we're topping it up every 3 hrs. Anyway. Quotes and boilers...
Replies
Views
Hello Members, I'd like some advice on which boiler to select between Main 30Kw and Potterton 28 Gold boiler. This is for a 2 bed 2 bath flat. Currently have an old worcester boiler that needs to be replaced. Its a rented property. Price for Main 30 Combi incl standard Flu and clock ÂŁ700...
Replies
Views
Registering a boiler I've just fitted on the Gas safe website and as I nearly always usually fit Worcesters have never seen the 'warranty registration' option, now that im registering a Baxi Duo-tec... The home owner is elderly so i suggested I try and register their warranty for them over the...
Replies
Views
B
Hi all I wondered if someone could give me a bit of advice. I have a Back Boiler that has been condemned as it is leaking fumes which aren't all being expelled up the flue and so need to replace it with a Combi boiler. The Back Boiler is of course located behind the fireplace in the living...
Replies
Views
stoker122
S
Just got a job to which i ive sold a potterton gold 28he combi to a customer on the basis that its exactly the same as a duo tec/platinum just badged differently. Is there a diff between them??? if so could someone tell me....even if it something little as i'm intrigued as the price diff is a...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock