Discuss Potterton HE Plus humming noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

john2k

My potterton he plus combined boiler is about 6/7 years old and recently when the central heating is on for a while the boiler would randomly start making a rather loud humming noise. It's not a metallic noise just a humming noise like noise pump or fan kind of noise. A bit like an example of a car on low rpm noise vs a slight higher rpm. It's as if something is working extra hard.

Any ideas what this can be?

Also I topped up the pressure to halfway mark of the green zone. When boiler warms up it goes right to the border line of the green zone. Is that amount of pressure increase normal?

As it was recently repaired by Baxi why not call them back?

Last edited:
Pressure rise is normal and without hearing noise, can't comment, but could be boiler modulating down once set temp is reached and just happily chugging away

Either call Baxi back or an independent gsr.

I'm afraid that's all the advice we can give you.

Job 38.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Potterton HE Plus humming noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I'm hoping someone can help with a problem I've had since November 20. I got a new circuit board fitted to my gas boiler and since then have...
Replies
Views
We have a Vaillant Ecotec 415 system boiler, about 11 years old. It has been serviced annually (most recently in Sept 2021) and we've had a couple...
Replies
Views
I wanted to start a new more dedicated thread as I am on about 3 just now in one way or another trying to get up to speed with my problem. The...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Been having a real saga and head scratching situation. I originally had 1 problem, and now 2. Original issue: Air being built up in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Looking for some advice on a new Valiant Ecotec Plus 615 boiler, fitted a few weeks ago. It makes an on/off vibration shown in the video...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock