Search the forum,

Discuss Posts about nest/ hive etc. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
There seems to be a lot of post about these recently.
Looks like hey have some way to go yet? I personally don't like the fact that they are basically a device that monsters or movements.

I have got to be honest pal, I never thought they would take off , how wrong was I lol .
Huge business now , like you I dont like the way you and your lifestyle are monitored . Havent google bought into it ?

just done the course for the Honeywell Evohome seems to be very user friendly once set up. expensive though if you have a big house with every radiator individually controlled.

I know a landlord who is a millionaire but so tight in his own house he wont have the heating on, he sits with a blanket round him with a portable electric fire next to him to take the chill off.

I know a landlord who is a millionaire but so tight in his own house he wont have the heating on, he sits with a blanket round him with a portable electric fire next to him to take the chill off.

A typical Yorkshire man

I've just put a heatmiser new system in my house with a manifold controlling each rad as a zone. Dead simple to set up and operate, full iOS or android control and different times / temps for each room. Was a bit pricey, but works great.

I've just put a heatmiser new system in my house with a manifold controlling each rad as a zone. Dead simple to set up and operate, full iOS or android control and different times / temps for each room. Was a bit pricey, but works great.

That is what I have in my home. I have 17 zones (it will cope with up to 32) so each room is controlled individually and after a bit of fiddling I managed to get it to work as a timer for the towel rads, secondary circulation and MVHR. It also has output controls which I use to remotely reboot devices such as the CCTV and Sky boxes.
Works a treat, been in 6 years so far and only problem has been one thermostat went faulty.

What did you use for the secondary circulation? I was planning to use one of their hot water controllers for it. Which bit has the output controls, thats news to me. Sounds interesting!

Those of you worried about devices monitoring your movements, it's too late for that, guys.

If you have a mobile phone, you're being tracked. Debit or credit card, there's a trail. In all probability nobody will ever access that data because you're not under investigation, but the potential is there.

What did you use for the secondary circulation? I was planning to use one of their hot water controllers for it. Which bit has the output controls, thats news to me. Sounds interesting!

For the secondary circ, MVHR, and towel rads I made up a modular box and put 4 stats in it, one of these is a spare. The relays on the stats are rated at 3 Amps so no problem. Each can be controlled by the web interface, the app or manually. I set the temperatures to 10 degrees when I want to switch them off and to 30 degrees when on. If you only want to do secondary circ then your idea of using a hot water stat may be best. Just purchased a spare of one of those from here Heatmiser PRT/HW-NTS touch screen | eBay
To use the outputs you need a powered relay card and again I used a modular box with 4 x single sockets. Three are used for 3 sky boxes. They are in the plant room not next to the TV's and one for the CCTV. When I get the phone call saying that Sky isn’t working again (happens frequently!) I can reboot them remotely. I can also reboot the heating system remotely, it sometimes loses connection with the Netmonitor and this solves that problem.
One final thing is I don’t have a static IP address so I use ‘No IP’ so I can access the web interface from any PC.
Setup I have is shown below.

Setup.jpg

And this is the web interface.

Setup 2.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds interesting, its good to see ideas that people come up with.

Ive not seen the web interface before, Im using the neo stats and control them via my phone, it looks nothing like that?

Ive not seen the web interface before, Im using the neo stats and control them via my phone, it looks nothing like that?

Are you using the neostats with a UH1? If you are then you can add one of these [DLMURL]https://www.ukunderfloorheatingsystems.co.uk/heatmiser-netmonitor-internet-remote-control[/DLMURL] That is what gives you the web interface and the additional output controls. Have looked on the Heatmiser site and can't see it listed so maybe it is discontinued? They do come up on Ebay every now and then so you can still get them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe the new Neo Stat and Ios app do what the web interface does? I know I can control every device from my phone, which is effectively the same as doing it anywhere I could on a web browser as well.

Have you looked at using it with IFTTT (if this, then that), it allows you to set up recipes and link it with weather apps, location apps etc.. to say make the heating come on if the external temp drops below a certain level, or vice versa. Worth looking up if you haven't.

Are you using the neostats with a UH1? If you are then you can add one of these [DLMURL]https://www.ukunderfloorheatingsystems.co.uk/heatmiser-netmonitor-internet-remote-control[/DLMURL] That is what gives you the web interface and the additional output controls. Have looked on the Heatmiser site and can't see it listed so maybe it is discontinued? They do come up on Ebay every now and then so you can still get them.

Buy the kit direct from Heatmiser. They give a decent trade discount.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Posts about nest/ hive etc. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi they used to say as a last resort you could discharge the D2 pipework at high level and turn it back to the wall. Similar to a combi boiler. I...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock