Discuss Possible internal leak in bath mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ReubenDiaz

Hi,
Redecorating my bathroom and noticed when putting bath panels back that one of the tap flexible hoses was damp. I have replaced both the hoses now, but still seeing water in the threads well above the hose nut (maybe an inch). Reasoned that water may be coming from above via poor gasket, as we use the bath as a shower, but when I turn off the water, (service taps fitted) the leaking stops. I think the hose seals are good, and I'm think water does not normally travel up from a seeping joint.
Is it possible that the mixer tap is leaking internally? Anyone seen that? Don't want to shell out for a new one unnecessarily.

hi ReubenDiaz welcome to the forums. it is probably the sealing o-ring on the top of the flexi that is leaking or the hose inside the braided part that is damaged

take the hoses out again, check the holes are completely clean,
check that the o rings have not been damaged.
refit using a smear of silicone grease on the o rings.

take the hoses out again, check the holes are completely clean,
check that the o rings have not been damaged.
refit using a smear of silicone grease on the o rings.

Silicone grease hey, that's a new one on me. The stuff you push flues together with?

Only a light smear of grease mind you, I`ve seen many a hose blocked with grease or sealent.

hi ReubenDiaz welcome to the forums. it is probably the sealing o-ring on the top of the flexi that is leaking or the hose inside the braided part that is damaged

Turns out the problem was disintegration of fibre washers in the original hoses. Some of that crap had stuck to the bottom of the threads when I put the new hoses on. Should've cleaned them up properly. All good now. The water creeping up the thread threw me, didn't think that would happen to the extent it did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Possible internal leak in bath mixer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have read a few threads including one by Debbie Stano that were similar to my issue but that thread stopped a while back without any resolution...
Replies
Views
Hello - am hoping someone out there can offer some advice... I've been living in a split level 1st & 2nd floor masionette for two months, which...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi all Relatively inexperienced homeowner here. Apologies in advance if I get any terminology wrong. Today I noticed some limescale accumulation...
Replies
Views
My step-daughter bought a 50's end-terraced house at the start of the year, and found there was a leak from Mira bar shower that was coming...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock