Discuss Position of boiler flue in relation to velux window, advice pleas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

You wouldn't have to move your boiler just a replacement with a vertical flue would be fine. It would be interesting to measure surrounding atmosphere to enable the facts to be established

He won't put it writing because he knows he's not qualified to answer the question. And your window been closer to the flue is irrelevant as it's a different scenario to the velux. I still believe you should send the photos to ideal. If they say it's fine, it's fine, if they say it's wrong it's wrong and then you will at least have something in writing to get gas safe to take notice.

He won't put it writing because he knows he's not qualified to answer the question. And your window been closer to the flue is irrelevant as it's a different scenario to the velux. I still believe you should send the photos to ideal. If they say it's fine, it's fine, if they say it's wrong it's wrong and then you will at least have something in writing to get gas safe to take notice.
Hi Craig, photos have been sent this afternoon, awaiting response

Hi, just a question to you all, “how many of you would fit a new boiler in the same place if the scenario stays the same......like for like, without any fancy extensions? Just curiosity, yes or no will be adequate thank you.

No but there is also the logistical nightmare of going over your conservatory. Vertical flue for me

I wouldn’t too close would look at moving the flue / different terminal

A warning, don't work on the basis that whatever was there first has the right to remain there. That is rarely upheld if a case goes to Court. The is a lot of case law in this area particularly with respect to buried pipes and cables that are frustrating new development.

My advice, is you have an easy fix to relocate the flue terminal do so.

You should also be mindful, that you have demonstrated that you knew or thought that this was a problem. If anything unfortunate happens, the question could be asked as to why you did not amend your terminal position.

A warning, don't work on the basis that whatever was there first has the right to remain there. That is rarely upheld if a case goes to Court. The is a lot of case law in this area particularly with respect to buried pipes and cables that are frustrating new development.

My advice, is you have an easy fix to relocate the flue terminal do so.

You should also be mindful, that you have demonstrated that you knew or thought that this was a problem. If anything unfortunate happens, the question could be asked as to why you did not amend your terminal position.
Don’t worry I’m not planning on replacing the boiler as it’s working fine. It’s staying where it is and how it is at the moment

I think what he was saying was as you are aware there is a potential problem it’s probably not going to be in your best interest to ignore it. I realise at present you aren’t it’s one of those that if the worst happened and you ended up in court I genuinely couldn’t tell you which way it would go. There have been well covered events where a sealed window has been exchanged for an opening one and people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning and the powers that be have still come back on the installer for not predicting the future.

I think what he was saying was as you are aware there is a potential problem it’s probably not going to be in your best interest to ignore it. I realise at present you aren’t it’s one of those that if the worst happened and you ended up in court I genuinely couldn’t tell you which way it would go. There have been well covered events where a sealed window has been exchanged for an opening one and people have died of carbon monoxide poisoning and the powers that be have still come back on the installer for not predicting the future.
Don’t worry we are not ignoring it either.

Reply to Position of boiler flue in relation to velux window, advice pleas in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back