Discuss Poor flow from two hot taps and the hot on the aqualisa thermostatic shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chezabha

Hi. Ive got an issue with the pressure on two hot taps and the thermostatic shower. The water just trickles out of the taps. The downstairs taps are fine and so is the hot tap in the upstairs master sink. I really dont know where to start looking. I have removed the shower head and the flex pipe which screws onto the outlet and the pressure is still the same. I have removed the plastic airflow things from the bottom of the taps and its no different.
I'm wondering if its a problem with the taps and shower as it's not affecting all the taps. The pressure is so low I can place my finger under the tap and the flow will stop. Once I release my finger the flow starts after a slight delay but at the same pressure.
Has anyone got any ideas on what I should do next. Please ask if anymore info is required.

The house is 10 years old, hot water tank is on the landing and cold water tank is in the loft

Cheers for now

Did this just start happening chezabha?

Hi. No, its been getting progressively worse over a period of time, but it's got to the point where I can't tell the wife "thats how its always been"!! So thought I would take a look

Perhaps something blocking the hot outlet on the storage cistern in the loft. If you can go and take a look in your storage cistern and check if the hot outlets are blocked.

Perhaps something blocking the hot outlet on the storage cistern in the loft. If you can go and take a look in your storage cistern and check if the hot outlets are blocked.
Thanks for the tip. I've checked the cistern in the loft. It all seems to be ok and nothing appears blocked. Water appears to be flowing in and out ok

try blasting the cold main in the kitchen up the hot tap, 2 second job if its a kitchen mixer tap

Its a mono tap in the kitchen. I did just connect a pipe to one of the problem taps and blow air back up it. It forced air out of another hot tap to the degree that it forced off the plastic bit on the bottom of the tap but still no better.

if this doesn't work you have to start looking at other causes is there scale build up on the cylinder outlet. Is the cylinder cold feed gate valve open are the taps upstairs for low pressure most new bathroom taps are 0.2- 0.5bar min pressure

Hmmmmm I don't know then. Iv not come across this personaly but iv been told by a plumber far more experienced than myself that he went to a job and had the same problem on all the hot outlets. It turned out to be component inside the hot water cylinder became loose and worked its way up the cylinder to the outlet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Poor flow from two hot taps and the hot on the aqualisa thermostatic shower in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock