• Thread starter Ray Stafford
  • Start date
  • Replies 280
  • Views 26K

Discuss Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
ww2 fact. The yanks really arent our friends..they considered bombing us out of the suez canal and Churchill had a mare trying to get them to join in. If it wasnt for the japs forcing there hand we'd be germanic (again).

Not strictly true. The president at the time (can't remember who) Roosevelt I think wanted to join in, but public opinion was against it. Being a foreign war hundreds of miles away. Japan was of a group that included Italy and Germany, when the japs bombed pearl harbour it was the push needed to swing American public opinion.

The Angles, the Saxons and the Jutes, three Germanic tribes, settled in the period AD 400-550. Anglo-Saxon England was divided up into seven kingdoms.

Could explain my surname coming from Germany travelling through Europe

Does point to Germanic origins

If you read books on ancient Europe Germany does play big part

As of today: if you type "coventry plumbing and heating" into google search, you'll find my website
coventry plumbing and heating and coventry boiler services
and my facebook page:
https://www.************/coventryplumbingandheating
are now both on page 1 Google SERPS for the search term entered.
I believe this to be the most pointless, pointless fact which will be entered on this thread today.

If you throw a cat out of a window it lands on its feet.If you drop a piece of bread and butter it lands butter side down.What happens if you tie a piece of bread and butter to the cats back then throw it out the window?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pointless fact of the day in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock