Currently reading:
Plumbing van

Discuss Plumbing van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rich2012

I have been looking for a van for a while and have came across a 2007 toyota hiace 85 - how comfy do they travel on the motorway because I have heard they struggle?

I've have also looked at the 2010 1.6 fiat diablo maxi which seem a good deal, has anyone on here got one who can advise how good these are?

The Hiace aren`t quick vans but the engines are known to be just about bulletproof and the cab is comfortable enough. Having had an early Diablo which was nothing but a ball ache I don`t trust Fiats but think they have come on a lot.

You can never go wrong with a japanese engine. I have had several toyotas and agree they are bulletproof.

Hiace is good van alright. V reliable. Had a few over the yrs. I only stopped driving them back in d 90s because they didn't have a bulkhead. Lad I worked with had accident, he was ok but tools being flung round scared d be jaysus outa him. That and d rear windows were always glazed. Robbers dream.
Believe it r not someone robbed windscreen outa my brothers hiace back around 1990.

Basically have a drive by a traveller site. Whatever they are using must be reliable lol.
They are never seen in mercs or vivaros lol

phone a scrap-yard up for Hiace spares and listen to the answer.
I got a plate welded behind the rear window and the passenger seat has to come out for a 8x4 sheet. They are slow to drive, but slow to break down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing van in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back