Search the forum,

Discuss Plumbing Tools to make life easier? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

1SHUMEVenture

Hello,

I am carrying out research for Sheffield Hallam University looking at the plumbing industry.

I am focusing on plumbing tools which aren't currently available.

Is there one product, device or tool that is not currently available that would make a plumber's life easier? (Please describe)

Thanks for your help.

A little plumbing robot that I can have in the back of the van,pull up outside the customers, press a button and a ramp comes out from side and robot rolls out into customers,maybe a little web cam on its head with a mic and I can speak to customer and see problem through web cam and set in program required for robot to carry work out,then print off invoice and process internet payment into my account (and before you all shout at me,the robot will be gas safe :D)
or
As for device to make life easier would be remote control walls,so when you go to job and it is in a really tight corner as they always are ,we just get the remote out,press a button and walls move away,then you repair leaking valve,replace fitting and then just press button and walls go back to original position
or
a spray ,you spray on your hands and they get smaller ,so you can work on all these fiddly bits on boilers:)

Last edited by a moderator:
We could all do with the impossible - but to be serious about this my shot is a spanner to hold rad valves of varying body diameter across the body instead of using grips which can mark the valve - must work horizontaly and verticaly - I have made my own so I have a solution but you can`t buy any thing like it anywhere - those who have fitted one or two valves should know what I mean

A adjustable wrench with the handle cranked through 90 degrees and designed to take a tommy bar.

A little plumbing robot that I can have in the back of the van,pull up outside the customers, press a button and a ramp comes out from side and robot rolls out into customers,maybe a little web cam on its head with a mic and I can speak to customer and see problem through web cam and set in program required for robot to carry work out,then print off invoice and process internet payment into my account (and before you all shout at me,the robot will be gas safe :D)
or
As for device to make life easier would be remote control walls,so when you go to job and it is in a really tight corner as they always are ,we just get the remote out,press a button and walls move away,then you repair leaking valve,replace fitting and then just press button and walls go back to original position
or
a spray ,you spray on your hands and they get smaller ,so you can work on all these fiddly bits on boilers:)
ahh,what a good idea,shame they would make you calibrate it every 5 minutes :):):)

smaller hand,the ability not to get cut to bits when working on boilers,electric shock proff abilities

Manufacturers of oil burners putting bigger flats on the nozzle housing to make it easier to get the nozzle off.

A adjustable wrench with the handle cranked through 90 degrees and designed to take a tommy bar.

This is basically what I made. I got one of the older bacho adjustable spanners (the ones with the wider jaw) cut the handle of turned it 90 degrees and the welded it together. Had it years and works a treat

A plumbers assistant that John Terry cant get his hands on

http://www.*********.com/tilestone/hipssmall/n617362013_534716_6933.jpg

Need any help with the plumbing today boys?

I not a total technophobe but if ya tell me how to send a picture I will:)

We could all do with the impossible - but to be serious about this my shot is a spanner to hold rad valves of varying body diameter across the body instead of using grips which can mark the valve - must work horizontaly and verticaly - I have made my own so I have a solution but you can`t buy any thing like it anywhere - those who have fitted one or two valves should know what I mean
old fashioned straight adjustable also known as a monkey wrench and a rag

[DLMURL]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/album.php?albumid=42&pictureid=130[/DLMURL]

Nothing technical or clever but works a treat (suppose I am a bit old fashioned) but I use rags for whipping :D

Just go to the old fashion shop and buy one I wish I thought of that;)

I used to have a Speed Wrench which was sent to me by a friend in the US. Was made by someone like Rigid tools. Had sprung loaded jaws which gripped the flats without marking them and worked with any size hex nut.. Then some t**t nicked it.

No, Footprint wrenches are the same as what we call Footprint Wrenches.

Speed wrenches look a bit like this [DLMURL]http://www.rothenberger-usa.com/fileadmin/fm_usa/Product_Images/70220_Speed_Wrench.jpg[/DLMURL]

I just checked the link and it seems to work for me ???

a basin tap wrench that works insitu as well as on a bloody bench in the merchants need three hands to make em work properly

walks off moaning to self " bloody rubish peace of s@#t "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing Tools to make life easier? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock