Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. Hi, welcome to the new look UKPlumbersForums.co.uk - Login with your usual login details, or sign up if you don't already have an account. If you post just once, all the advertisements get automatically removed. We have some competitions coming soon, and lots of new feaures. 

Discuss Plumbing Progression Advice? in the Plumbing Courses area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. MrRemix

MrRemix New Member

Firstly i am new here on the site so i would like to say hello.

Secondly i would appreciate some advice on my situation. I am currently studying Plumbing studies level 1 EAL, which is obviously a beginner level course. And my question is what is better for me in terms of progression, would it be better to go on and study City and guilds level 2 or do an apprenticeship if possible. Personally i would like to go on and start work as a paid trainee and gain a qualification but i would also like to earn a decent wage. I also think a vocational plumbing course is a bit of a waste of time because you dont learn anything relvant to the real world or at least not all of it.

Any advice would be truly appreciated.

-MrRemix