Discuss Plumbing, or modern art? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Ric2013

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I've long hated this bit of pipework at the foot of the stairs in my own house. Luckily, it is precisely where I want to put a bit of panelling, so I have now bypassed it.

List of sins include

a rippled bend (and it is very much on show)
a horizontal bit that is not horizontal
three holes drilled through a joist to allow one bit of pipe to pass through
joist drilled outside the usual span for holes and through a joist that supports another staircase and therefore under extra load
pipe is so tight to the walls that it cannot be lagged
pipe takes an needlessly long route to bathroom thus wasting my time waiting for hot water when shaving
the attempt at plastering around it

I thought I should share it with humanity before I actually remove it
DSCI1449.JPGDSCI1450.JPG

Reply to Plumbing, or modern art? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello I want to replace the old single panel rad in the bedroom with a K2 double panel Stelrad one. I think I'm OK in general and relatively...
Replies
Views
Hi, I managed to push two 15mm pex pipes through the underfloor space of a second floor. They go (on a straight run between two parallel joists)...
Replies
Views
Hi I am trying to figure out my bathroom sink waste problem Renovating the bathroom and the wife wants the sink the opposite side of the room. The...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, First a quick bit of background : I'm English, living in France, and renovating a 1960s house, which has pretty much needed to be...
Replies
Views
Considering many options for dealing with plastic pipe / fittings under a tiled floor, which are difficult to get to because they sit very close...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock