Discuss Plumbing horror story in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The guy sounds like he has some massive kahoonas to be fair. Did he help clear up or offer to rectify with decorating etc? Dont know how these people sleep at night.

The guy sounds like he has some massive kahoonas to be fair. Did he help clear up or offer to rectify with decorating etc? Dont know how these people sleep at night.

Big balls are a pre requisite my friend and one day you will need them, but hopefully not in the posted situation:speechless:

Big balls are a pre requisite my friend and one day you will need them, but hopefully not in the posted situation:speechless:
yes, i'm ever aware that on more than one occasion the proverbial will hit the cooling device.
Fingers crossed not yet though matey :D

no. once the stopcock was finally forced into the off position (permanently) he suggested that he would come back another day and undertake an additional job to replace the stopcock. He seemed to be convinced that he'd earned his £60. he certainly showed no concern about the damage to my flat or the one bellow

no. once the stopcock was finally forced into the off position (permanently) he suggested that he would come back another day and undertake an additional job to replace the stopcock. He seemed to be convinced that he'd earned his £60. he certainly showed no concern about the damage to my flat or the one bellow
Get a lawyer on to him and sue the rse off him for criminal and negligence damage. I bet he doesn't even have insurance either.

Get a lawyer on to him and sue the rse off him for criminal and negligence damage. I bet he doesn't even have insurance either.

OK. am on hold with my local citizens advice bureau, will see what they say if i ever get through

Did you take pictures of the damage?

no but the damage is still there. I have cleared up though. I should have taken photos straight away but I still haven't really got my head straight.. But my neighbour did witness part of the horror of course so with his corroboration I don't think I will have too much trouble making my case

I have just started a claim with my building insurance. they will counterclaim I guess against his PI

I've never had buildings insurance before as it's my first property. should have been the first thing I thought of. d'oh

Last edited by a moderator:

Just out of interest, did you ask about his public liability insurance.Surely you and the occupant below could claim on that ?

ok forget the above, guess youll know better next time, hope everything gets back to normal soon.

Just out of interest, did you ask about his public liability insurance.Surely you and the occupant below could claim on that ?

noted.. I will talk to him tomorrow. If he can get a couple of rooms redecorated I'm sure he'd be happy. To be honest his flat is in such a state you wouldn't notice the additional damage so he's not too bothered

his PI docs are available to see online, i have just looked at them - Public limit £2,000,000, Employers limit £10,000,000. Does that not sound a bit unlikely?

thanks for that..

no pli limits sound about right to me, £2000,000 for damage to third parties property and £10,000,000 for employees cover. it's what i have.

no pli limits sound about right to me, £2000,000 for damage to third parties property and £10,000,000 for employees cover. it's what i have.

ah ok.

I'm going to ask my insurers to re-house me temporarily - zone 2 London, that should hit his PI pretty hard... unlikely but its worth asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing horror story in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock