Search the forum,

Discuss plumbing courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Donnysparks

Hi folks, I'm new to this forum so hello! I'm looking for some help and advice please. I'm a fully qualified electrician in Scotland, I have my 17th edition and I'm a member of SELECT. I've been thinking for a while now about branching out into the plumbing sector. I've had some experience in plumbing and central heating systems! I'm wondering if anyone knows of any courses up my neck of the woods (Scotland) that would get me on my way? After doing a 4 year apprenticeship myself I know I'm not going to become an experienced plumber after a 2 week course, just trying to learn more about the trade.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Donny

Welcome along Donny :) If you do a search on the forum there's plenty of reading material for you.

Problably best place in Scotland is Carnegie college in Dunfermiline for gas, they also do plumbing.

Welcome to the madhouse Donny.

Moving this thread to the training forum.

Welcome Donny, hope you find this forum useful & get the answer you're after!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to plumbing courses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Plumbing courses are listed on the forum but did you know we also have course information on the tilers forum and Electricians forums too? You can find courses for Tilers here and courses for Electricians here!
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm sniffing around what to expect of getting a job in plumbing. My job makes me redundant at the end of September. The whole warehouse moves to the Midlands from Bridgewater. Meanwhile I'm doing my NVQ level 2 in plumbing. The goal of the course is Renewable Energy Engineer. I'll...
Replies
Views
E
Hello All, I`m currently on my level two plumbing course at college and I`m looking for some part time work if anyone could offer me some advice. I`ve been trying to get on an apprenticeship but I`ve had no joy so far, so I`m hoping to gain some experience by working alongside an experienced...
Replies
Views
Ellis J
E
My name is Chanel i’m 19 years old i’ve just finished my level 2 plumbing course and i’m looking for an apprenticeship or someone who could take me out a couple days of the week to help me get more experience. I did 1 week of work experience at equans doing maintenance but i wouldn’t mind...
Replies
Views
Hi, I’m looking to retrain as a gas engineer and do a new entrants gas course. I’m a bit concerned by the ‘on-job’ work experience/shadowing, as some course want to charge £1500 to pair you up with a qualified engineer. Some courses don’t offer pairing and suggest you find your own engineer to...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock