Discuss Plumbing and Heating training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dan.89

Hi all!!
I need a little advise here...
Im 21 years old ... went into the IT industry, after 2 years, I realise its not for me, which is my reason for career change.

Obviously there is the local college for around £1000 a year the training, and others include Train4Trade Skills and Trade Qualified, but these are what I would call rude money, at over £6k in total!

Anyone give me any ideas?

I also looking for a labouring position, or, a "Plumbers mate" it maybe perhaps known, in the Bournemouth - Poole area if anyone is looking?

Thanks in advance for all helpful replies!!

Please see the other posts regarding training. A £6k course will only teach you theory and a few practical techniques, and it won't qualify you as a plumber - you need the level 2 on-the-job qualification as well.

Bear in mind that the plumbing industry is quite depressed at the moment so you will probably struggle to get a placement.

pleased to see in the papers today that several private trainers have gone bust, know the barclays has stopped funding them as we already have to any incomers for a currently declining industry. Hooray to the banks, they can occasionally get things right. Bad news some of the companies are trading again under a new name!!, moral of this story, pay for your courses with barclaycard and you might get your money back when they cease trading again

in response to the question, local college, funds can be available to pay for your course if your on a low income, big tip dont declare your previous quals training when you sign up or you wont get funding, dont tell fibs just dont declare everything !!

i hear now that the focus has changed,
aparently, there is a national shortage of h.g.v. drivers and you can earn upto £50,000 p.a. if you are ready for a carreer change call this number now.................

i hear now that the focus has changed,
aparently, there is a national shortage of h.g.v. drivers and you can earn upto £50,000 p.a. if you are ready for a carreer change call this number now.................

this one post will most prob set up a chain reaction that see 1,000s train as HGV drivers

this is obviously how the plumbing thing started, and why do they all want gas? i know lads who dont bother with the gas and havnt done their reassessments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing and Heating training in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock