Discuss Plumbing/air mix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chalmers7

Guys, need some advice

if I have s high pressure water system which runs at 20 bar which feeds a unit and a air line running at 6 bar also feeds a unit and for some reason a non return valve fails allowing the air water to mix in the water line, would this make the system still sit a 20 bar or would the properties of the two items make the pressure be 26 bar??

Thoughts??

Guys, need some advice

if I have s high pressure water system which runs at 20 bar which feeds a unit and a air line running at 6 bar also feeds a unit and for some reason a non return valve fails allowing the air water to mix in the water line, would this make the system still sit a 20 bar or would the properties of the two items make the pressure be 26 bar??

Thoughts??

Explain how you think 6 bar pressure is going to overcome 20 bar, regardless of the medium under pressure.

Air compresses water doesnt.
System would end up stabilised at 20 bar but full of water on the air side

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbing/air mix in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I've air tested pipework for years, typically 4 bar for 30 minutes. I've never had an issue with any pipework that has passed that test...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
Hello, I live in a two floor semi with a gravity fed conventional gas fired boiler (Potterton Kingfisher MF). The boiler is fed cold water from...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock