Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber's mate!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MJohno

Hi, I'm new to this and the plumbing industry so just wanted some help/advice!!

Im 22 and almost finished my adult college course and now im wanting to get a job or at least some experience by going out with someone and doing a few jobs. So far I've found it to be easier said than done! Im in the Leeds/Wakefield/Barnsley area so any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

have you been phoning all the plumbers in the phone book maybe writing to them as well?
also hang out at a plumbers merchants and ask them face to face works sometimes.

Last edited by a moderator:
you could try going on the gas safe website they usually have e-mail addresses and also try looking on websites like job center plus if they are advertising for qualified staff they could be expanding the business and may need an apprentice.

I've sent a few letters out already with no reply. I'm going to keep writing and emailing and see where that gets me though. I'm also going to go down to the plumber's merchants and leave my details with them now you've mentioned that so, thank you!! If you can think of any other ideas I'd much appreciate it. Thanks guys

have you been phoning all the plumbers in the phone book maybe writing to them as well?
also hang out at a plumbers merchants and ask them face to face works sometimes.
the great depression comes to mind., waiting to get picked at the road side for a days labour.

and thats a good idea, go to the merchants at opening, offer your services for say £30 a day sure you will get a taker?.

I'll make sure I get down to the merchants as often as I can and see what luck I get.. Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber's mate!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock