Currently reading:
Plumbers cafe v Plumbers Arms?

Discuss Plumbers cafe v Plumbers Arms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Thought I`d drop in and try the coffee.

Whilst I`m here what`s with the "Points" tally ?

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/threads/usergroups-and-access-only-forums.96685/

I've explained here for all to see.

But this is what I wrote....

Some of you will notice I've moved all the access-only forums to their own area HERE. Any moderator or administrator on the forum will be able to edit your forum account to give you access to the forums providing you meet the criteria for that specific forum. Before it was only admins. Now mods can do it too.

What the area's are for:-

Plumbers Arms: Strictly only plumbers. No sponsors. No reps. No trainees. No customers. No shops etc. Just plumbers.

Plumbers Cafe: No customers, no new forum members, but everybody else is welcome. So if you're a sponsor, company rep (which we have a new usergroup for that is restricted in what they can do), trainee, gas safe guy, unvented guy, etc etc (basically if you have access to any of the access-only areas, you have access here) so you can chat together out of the view of the public and / or customers or newbies.

The rest are as they were before.​

Mine's a proper builders tea. Milk two sugars please. And a full english. Extra beans and toast.

@Dan cheese toasties and a cuppa :)

Reactions: Dan
@rpm you alright with that?
I read your explanation on another thread re the reasoning so your forum, your rules Dan. However if I can`t figure out the alerts going to my email thing by Monday then I wont be around as often as I was. (sent in the best possible taste).

Whats this staff member bit on your list app?

It's a bit like that scene in Bottom where Richie and Eddie are working in the shop. Eddie has his jacket on back to front and Richie has a white coat on. We all have our roles...

I read your explanation on another thread re the reasoning so your forum, your rules Dan. However if I can`t figure out the alerts going to my email thing by Monday then I wont be around as often as I was. (sent in the best possible taste).
PMSL

You'll get them when everybody else does. Wind you neck in.

Sent in the best possible taste.

:p :p :p

So you lot got a staff room where you all sit around drinking tea and reading newspapers?

PMSL

You'll get them when everybody else does. Wind you neck in.

Sent in the best possible taste.

:p :p :p
As nobody else was commentating about it I thought I was suffering alone Dan so yes I will wind my neck in.

As nobody else was commentating about it I thought I was suffering alone Dan so yes I will wind my neck in.
Ahhhh I see why you were moaning about it loads now then lol

As I said, it's the whole forum emails that are queued (including my own). The reason we do that is because sending 200,000 emails out in a few hours would get us blacklisted from every mail server going (google yahoo amazon hotmail etc etc) and we don't want that.

So they're sent in batches to meet the demands of the mail server suppliers.

My own are queued too. Some you'll get randomly. But it certainly isn't normal. There are 10's of thousands in the queue still.

Reactions: rpm
test test works i hope :)

fyi dont drink tea or coffee

also dan think the sig entries are a bit small cant have anything over one line
and anychance i can change the orange quotes to a different colour ?

test test works i hope :)

fyi dont drink tea or coffee

also dan think the sig entries are a bit small cant have anything over one line
and anychance i can change the orange quotes to a different colour ?
For now I'm sticking to it we had some crazy signatures on here before.

For now I'm sticking to it we had some crazy signatures on here before.

lead by example??????????

if i enter yours says too long by 4 lines and cant add more than one external link

lies, didnt type its self

powertothepeople-820-10000-820-540.jpg

lies, didnt type its self

powertothepeople-820-10000-820-540.jpg
I never erased it. I set that in about 2015 lol

The batch update doesn't work with my account because it's the main forum account. If I got caught accidentally in a batch update, I risk screwing the forum permanently.

Ahhhh I see why you were moaning about it loads now then lol......................................................................................

Woke up to emails alerts working :).
Now I`m big enough to raise my hand when wrong and glad you understand it was purely frustration Dan as nobody else had passed comment and I had double triple checked all the settings this end.
Also understand the alert thing now in the cold light of another day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumbers cafe v Plumbers Arms? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back