Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber Wants to use only Denso Tape on Hot Water Pipes, good enough? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scorps79

Hi,

The new plumber we got wants to insulate the
new copper hot water pipes under the cement
floor and in the walls with only Denso tape.
I was just wondering if this is good enough?

We are not planning on changing the bathroom
for a long time so want the plumbing to
last and be leak free ...

Den so is no good for insulation, but is the best for burying under cement.

denso isnt for insulation, it will protect the pipe from corroding away. Personally I prefer to either duct it or use plastic coated copper tube, then it really wont corrode and leak over time and it isnt messy like denso tape

i usually use denso in the ground and hair felt in the stud or dot and dabbed walls.

Last edited by a moderator:
The denso is great for pipe protection but pipe will need insulation unless it's a gas pipe.

ive found denso can peel of pipework in screed personally any long runs under screed especially if there are no tees is best done in plastic pipe in pipe

Thank you for the replies guys.
Plastic pipes and plastic coated copper sounds good,
but he has already laid down the copper pipes so I am
not sure if I can get him to swap them now.

If he puts the Denso tape on and then lags them on
top with hair felt, would this work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber Wants to use only Denso Tape on Hot Water Pipes, good enough? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
D
I have a hot water slab leak which is found behind my bathroom vanity. We heard the noise for a week but never saw any water. Just today we saw water starting to come up under the vanity. I found the leak, my question is is it ok to run the hot water just long enough to take a shower? Does it...
Replies
Views
drpepper68
D
S
Hi, hope all is well! I’ve fitted a compression cap on two of my shower mixer copper pipes (15mm). One of them has scratches and burring and is very slightly out of shape. It leaked but I added some PFTE tape over the olive and it seems to of done the job. However… I’m tiling the wall and...
Replies
Views
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot water tank, not sure of the size in liters but its about 1600mm tall. The tank is around 3 years old now and was amazing when it was first installed. Around a year ago we had a problem with water dripping from the overflow pipe outside and we ended...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock