Search the forum,

Discuss Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
before people shoot others about the price they are offering they should be honest about the amount they charge per day, there is far too many people shooting others down for the prices they offer but nobody will post what there day rate is....

200-300 per day for private works or if less than a day 40-45 per hour

That said i regularly do subby work for for 130 (non gas) as it is regular(as often as i want it) and fills any holes in my schedule

is that each or between the 2 of you

Both of us, but occasionally on a big job occasionally I actually get it right and do a 12 day job in 10 or even 8 ( ! ). We always quote fixed days on bathrooms and kitchens. We work very close to home generally so don't have huge overheads.

I charge £200 and I'm not green, and I'm in the South East. Or £50 per hour, after 4 hours it's a flat day rate.

I do charge first hour minimum, of £50.00 if I'm there ten minutes, that's a bonus for me.

Have considered putting the rates up, but people squirm at those rates.

I charge £200 and I'm not green, and I'm in the South East. Or £50 per hour, after 4 hours it's a flat day rate.

I do charge first hour minimum, of £50.00 if I'm there ten minutes, that's a bonus for me.

Have considered putting the rates up, but people squirm at those rates.

Sold!

over £200 & i am near newark @~@

if it was 6 months worth it may be worth it but not for 4 days!! and your name on it thats not a business rate its just a wage imo

Last edited by a moderator:
£35 ph or £200-£225 per day

We could not afford to send any skilled man out for £160 per day and I would be furious if Mr TP did work at that rate - we'd be subsidizing the OP.
Having said that £160 per day is roughly what we pay subcontractors, OK the qualified GSR heating engineers do get a bit more - but not much.

I also think if OP is a GSR engineer who has found and organised the job and will be taking responsibility for it, then some guys might be happy to just turn up and do it.
But if he is a builder and he wants a GSR engineer to sort out materials, work out how to do the job, register the boiler etc then obviously £160 is too low.

Could you all stop please. I'm getting tempted to go back contracting again!

I charge at least £240 per day, so they way I look at it, if you remove all the work related stress from my life, how can my time as a subby be worth more than £160? That hardest part of the job, isn't the work.

£160 per day still equates to £3200 a month, or just over £2500 after tax. £38,000 a year based on 48 weeks.

£160 a day seems a nice amount to me! i work doing maintanance plumbing! only on 22k a year + company van and phone , i think its a good wage for a 21 yr old around where we live ( 3 years a go i was only getting paid £50 a week as an apprenticce , onwards and upwards ..... hopefully!!)

I charge at least £240 per day, so they way I look at it, if you remove all the work related stress from my life, how can my time as a subby be worth more than £160? That hardest part of the job, isn't the work.

£160 per day still equates to £3200 a month, or just over £2500 after tax. £38,000 a year based on 48 weeks.

But it doesnt account for the fact you dont work every day, have to take holidays and time off sick, need to do quotes and planning etc, time off doing training and gas exams etc which ultimately severely affects your actual takehome in the bank.

My callouts are £75 for first hour then 35 per hour normal working hours (8-4) outside those times the skys the limit within reason and wends are more costly thereafter, quotes for heating systems inc 20% on parts supplied would mean I aim to get around £350 per day net.

just looked a pimlico rates again, ots time to review my rates as i last did them 18,months back, if they can charge £180 for service and LLC my rate needs to go up. http://www.pimlicoplumbers.com/company-charges

im in south hams and plumbs around here are working for £100 a day gas fitters £150 to £200 a day and you would still get undercut at that.
The OP is offering £160 and he would have them queing at the door around here

To be fair reading this post and how the thread has gone i dont think anyone would advertise on here again quite embarrassing

If your getting over £200 a day down southwest then you are lucky and have a good cust base however it never takes much to get undercut

You can in la la Lame land
if your good enough you can do anything, got to remember 1/2 of london moves to Woolacombe in the summer in their daft range rover evoques so thet bring their wallets with them, it wouldd be daft not to request the same rates as they pay in the smoke wouldnt it, the nothing lal la about lame, just good business accumen, pity some of you dont try it and learn

re being undercut, of course that happens but 70% of the time if you charge £110 for a range service no parts then youll get the job, the locals who know someone charging £30 will use that guy and quite often I'll be called back by them when he hasnt turned up, or its not working as he hasnt changed the oil filter such that I get the work 6 months later and go on to keep that customer. Just because the national average for wages in devon is low doesnt mean you have to be cheap.

if your god enough you can do anything, got to remember 1/2 of london moves to Woolacombe in the summer in their daft range rover evoques so thet bring their wallets with them, it wouldd be daft not to request the same rates as they pay in the smoke wouldnt it, the nothing lal la about lame, just good business accumen, pity some of you dont try it and learn

I think it is your piety they appreciate :wings:

the problem with the part of devon where i live is the sheer amount of plumbs and gas fitters completely flooded where i am so you would struggle to get a higher rate .
I have said before on here that i know guys quite happy to do boiler swaps for about £120 ish and because of this custs feel ripped off at the £200 mark.
I canny be ursed with boiler changes unless its contract as private ones are just hassle gimme a decent commercial install please

Just saying as the op's price has been slated they are probably thinking why bother lol

if your god enough you can do anything, got to remember 1/2 of london moves to Woolacombe in the summer in their daft range rover evoques so thet bring their wallets with them, it wouldd be daft not to request the same rates as they pay in the smoke wouldnt it, the nothing lal la about lame, just good business accumen, pity some of you dont try it and learn

re being undercut, of course that happens but 70% of the time if you charge £110 for a range service no parts then youll get the job, the locals who know someone charging £30 will use that guy and quite often I'll be called back by them when he hasnt turned up, or its not working as he hasnt changed the oil filter such that I get the work 6 months later and go on to keep that customer. Just because the national average for wages in devon is low doesnt mean you have to be cheap.

So you work 6 months a year then thats why u have so much time to be on here during the day :smartass2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plumber wanted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock