Discuss Please help - have i been ripped off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

have you a current landlords and tennants gas safe certificate ? ...show us...are all your smoke alarms ok ? if you are a bona fide landlord then you will have a current inventory produced by an estate agent ..

I can`t believe just how rude you were here Rob, demanding the OP show`s us the current gas safe certificate and what has an inventory got to do with the thread plus you are nothing like the old chk you claim to be with your weekly claims of this, that and the other so what changed?

Seems a bit arbitrary to be frank. When I used to rent my house out I did my own inventory as it was by far more accurate and detailed than the twaddle the letting agent could come up with. Will never forget the letter to me from the agent stating 'the cooker was dirty when the tenants vacated. They claim that the cooker was dirty when they moved in. The inventory states Marked Consistent with Age [I still have that cooker now I've moved into the house myself - not sure where it is marked] so we cannot prove otherwise.' Then, verbally, the agent told me to charge the tenants for cleaning as it was their responsibility to clean regardless of the state of cleanliness when they moved in.

Knowing full well that the kitchen was not dirty when the tenants had moved in, I told the agent I was unimpressed with the standard of the inventory and wondered what I had paid them for, then let the tenants go without charging them as I lacked the evidence. And never used that agent again.

Very hard to be a good landlord when most letting agents work to the above standard in my experience.

Actually, I do have an inventory! But, as you kindly point out RPM, Rob's earlier point had no real relevance to the thread. The professional inventory company I use is: www.green-kite.co.uk

A few interesting points were raised earlier about professional management of properties. When I first rented out our house, to 4 tenants under one tenancy agreement, I used an estate agent to fully manage the property. They were useless! They didn't do a thing. Our tenants repeatedly complained to me about how useless they were, and begged me to take over the management, as they found me so much more friendly & responsive. Based on that experience, I will never use an estate agents to manage my property again, and I advise people to manage their properties themselves, if they can.

In addition to not looking after our property, or responding to our tenants needs quickly, I found out (too late) that the estate agents were completely ripping off our tenants (ie) if an individual tenant was moving out of the house, and they had personally found a replacement tenant/friend to take their place in the household, they were being charged a whopping £450 by the estate agent for a simple name-change on the tenancy agreement! I think the estate agents repeated that scam at least twice before I found out what was going on. It was outrageous. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is estate agents do not manage properties particularly well. Homeowners, decent homeowners, do.

Actually, I do have an inventory! But, as you kindly point out RPM, Rob's earlier point had no real relevance to the thread. The professional inventory company I use is: www.green-kite.co.uk

A few interesting points were raised earlier about professional management of properties. When I first rented out our house, to 4 tenants under one tenancy agreement, I used an estate agent to fully manage the property. Stirling Ackroyd to be precise. They were useless! They didn't do a thing. Our tenants repeatedly complained to me about how useless they were, and begged me to take over the management, as they found me so much more friendly & responsive. Based on that experience, I will never use an estate agents to manage my property again, and I advise people to manage their properties themselves, if they can.

In addition to not looking after our property, or responding to our tenants needs quickly, I found out (too late) that the estate agents were completely ripping off our tenants (ie) if an individual tenant was moving out of the house, and they had personally found a replacement tenant/friend to take their place in the household, they were being charged a whopping £450 by the estate agent for a simple name-change on the tenancy agreement! I think the estate agents repeated that scam at least twice before I found out what was going on. It was outrageous. Anyway, the point I'm trying to make is estate agents do not manage properties particularly well. Homeowners, decent homeowners, do.
Have a look at Vibrant they are national ,accountable and cross ref all their work. just an idea
centralheatking ...I use them for my places in Lancashire

Reply to Please help - have i been ripped off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock