Discuss Please help - have i been ripped off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Unfortunately the only other photos I have on my phone is the BEFORE pictures ie) before the new pressure valve was installed. The photo shows some of the layout of the boiler though. There is also a large water tank on the right, not in shot. Note: please ignore plug-in radiator at the bottom of pic, which is just being stored in the cupboard!
sime_boiler_beforevalve.jpg
sime2.jpg

I did think I may have been a bit unkind to the OP earlier, don't get me wrong I am dead against those people who take advantage of customers however some people need to look at themselves before they turn to others for help.

The part that you have had replaced Miss F is a cold water combination valve set, it has absolutely nothing to do with the boiler that you say has now stoped working. It is installed on the mains cold water supply to the unvented cylinder next to the boiler.

Now I understand that you are not a Plumber / Heating engineer, in the same way that I am not an accountant but when I have to use their services I did my research, got there prices but most importantly of all when they did work for me I paid attention to what was done & said as it may have implications for me.

If you have no interest in Plumbing problems that is fine you pay a professional to come & make them go away, unfortunately what you can't then do is complain about a poorly done / overcharged jobs as you have no idea what was actually done & paid for.

PS.
to replace that valve set would mean draining down the hot water cylinder completely altering the pipework has they did not have a direct replacement all because it as not installed in correctly in the first place as per manufacturers instructions & Building / Water Regulations.

Reply to Please help - have i been ripped off? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock