Discuss Please Classify This Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefaz

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
IMG_1075.jpg
What are your opinions on this Flue from an Icos?
I know what mine is,I'll explain when I get a few answers. I couldn't detect any CO

ID I would say

Okay. So this is off a lady in my street. She tried to get on a contract with a big company...I'll let you guess. So anyway I get a text saying could I have a quick look at the boiler as it need some work done before they take her on. I ask what is wrong via our lads to which the reply comes 'the flue is disconnected and needs sorted' I laugh and say yea what really worng and ask for a picture. This comes to me. I told her to turn If off and went straight over. Apparently this company say it's only AR....BUT it had been left on and the sheet said the customer had refused to allow it to be turned off. (Lies). Anyway I tell her it's ID and do the necessity and leave her some heaters. I told her to complain to them to ask why their boiler has been left ID. She did and the company sent out another engineer for confirmation...to which she was told 'it's only AR,use it at your own risk'. I have since told her not to use it under any circumstances and have reported this to the local gas safe inspector. Out of everyone I've showed for opinion (15 people) everyone said ID....apart from the 2 people from this company.

The thing is as its not yet disconnected it could be classed as ar but I wouldn't

Okay. So this is off a lady in my street. She tried to get on a contract with a big company...I'll let you guess. So anyway I get a text saying could I have a quick look at the boiler as it need some work done before they take her on. I ask what is wrong via our lads to which the reply comes 'the flue is disconnected and needs sorted' I laugh and say yea what really worng and ask for a picture. This comes to me. I told her to turn If off and went straight over. Apparently this company say it's only AR....BUT it had been left on and the sheet said the customer had refused to allow it to be turned off. (Lies). Anyway I tell her it's ID and do the necessity and leave her some heaters. I told her to complain to them to ask why their boiler has been left ID. She did and the company sent out another engineer for confirmation...to which she was told 'it's only AR,use it at your own risk'. I have since told her not to use it under any circumstances and have reported this to the local gas safe inspector. Out of everyone I've showed for opinion (15 people) everyone said ID....apart from the 2 people from this company.

Is the flue exhaust disconnected and leaking POC's ?

Is there a chance that the flue exhaust could come away from the boiler ?

Don't get me wrong, I would have turned it off and issued a notice but not categorised it as ID if there is not any actual danger !

Last edited:
It isn't leaking right now no. It's the air intake really. You can see into the boiler from the top!

It isn't leaking right now no. It's the air intake really. You can see into the boiler from the top!

Then I would not say it's ID

ID is if there is an actual danger that will cause or has caused a danger or injury to life or property.

If you left it, it would not poison anyone, as it is. It definitely needs dealing with. However, as it stands it is at risk of becoming a danger, it is not one yet !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Please Classify This Flue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock