Discuss Plastic piping for central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
What are your thoughts and experience on using plastic piping for the central heating run?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Would always use copper if it was down to me. If you have to use plastic though, make sure its barrier if using for Heating to prevent ingress of air and try to only use fittings in accessible places, i.e don't use them underneath tiled bathroom floors etc

Anything out of sight in plastic. Rad tails and cylinder cupboards in copper.

used it to save time in the past, wouldnt bother now though. feels better to use copper, especially as the new consumer rights laws have just changed in the buyers favour all round

I don't think many customers or building contractors would want you in the property for longer than necessary. Coppers better but cost more to install unfortunately.

Use loads of Hep2O on new builds, in the floors but never on show as that looks carp.

Ive done a few installs in Speed fit, with chrome and copper tails,

It's useful if your doing long runs with no joints but other than that I prefer copper I can sleep better at night then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Plastic piping for central heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a...
Replies
Views
So a strange conundrum regarding water temp if anyone can help resolve, would be much appreciated. Ive tried to give as much info as possible to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock