Currently reading:
Plastic for Concealed cistern

Discuss Plastic for Concealed cistern in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all .
I'm a DIY person . Quite competent . My question is : I have a plastic cistern feeding a toilet that I need to replace . I was wondering if a concealed cistern would be just a straight swap as I'm not sure of the sizes of feed pipes going into the back of the toilet . Are they a standard size for normal and concealed cisterns ? Hope that makes sense .
Thanks in advance
Darran

Hi Darran,

Some of them are different sizes on the outlets (flush pipes). How accessible is it?
Easy access to the one that's on the toilet now . Is it just a matter of measuring the outer diameter of the flush pipes on both?
[automerge]1593254985[/automerge]
Hi Darran,

Some of them are different sizes on the outlets (flush pipes). How accessible is it?
Easy access to the one that's on the toilet now . Is it just a matter of measuring the outer diameter of the flush pipes on both?

It should be, however I think they generally reduce down to 1.5” (usual standard) anyway. If you can isolate the supply (should have an isolation valve on anyway as per water regs, if not then you need to fit one - again water regs) then remove the cistern, you’ll, have a better idea of what’s required.

Reply to Plastic for Concealed cistern in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Back