Search the forum,

Discuss Pipes and the system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies, gents, I am looking for some advice regarding my plumbing system.

I currently have water hammer and (after advice from yourselves) will be looking to get a water pump to increase my hot water pressure.

I’ve found some piping in the loft is not secured to anything it just comes up through the ceiling and is plumbed into the tanks, even the mains water. My plan is to replace the valve from the mains into the tank and look at securing the pipes. My problem here is how do I secure the pipes? They’re not along a wall and run up around one metre and then across 1.5m into the tank. They do have foam around them but there’s not much to secure them to to help prevent water hammer. Any idea on this? Do I construct some sort of wooden frame and fasten them to that or is there a more simple option available? I’ve attached a picture to try and help make sense of it.

Pipe 1: Leads to the lid of the large water tank, doesn’t seem to do much?
Pipe 2: I believe this is the one causing water hammer and is the mains water which leads to the large water tank.
Pipe 3: A small pipe leading to a smaller water tank (no idea why)
Pipe 4, 5 and 6 I have no idea what they’re for.

I will be post later next week on how to install a water pump as I’m lead to believe it’s relatively easy? We shall see...

7EF91963-1866-4889-8D3D-F9472BDE0B14.jpeg

20A79EAD-E280-4007-8052-0BAA39EA09B9.jpeg

C56B7CE6-8AED-4202-8D29-BD6F0AE3A973.jpeg

36ECF6C3-80D8-4CA2-ABF0-E7FE6A8C67F0.jpeg

Horizontal timber, 38 x 63 across 3 trusses.
Under the pipe closest to the wall, over the next pipe, under the next.
Pipe clips up / down to the pipes possibly with a block of wood under the clip to make up the gap to the pipe/clip.

Replace both the Float valves in the tanks whilst your in the loft.
Most likely the cause of the hammer.

Last edited:
Hi Snowhead, many thanks for the reply.
Now, imagine you were talking to someone who was glad to find out a cockstop is infant a stopcock, much to the delight of the B&Q man who thought it’d be great to laugh loudly...

What I th No I’m saying is, can you explain that to someone who has no idea what half of them words mean? My understanding of trade type stuff is one to be questioned and 100% reduces my masculinity on a regular basis. I do have a drill to make up for the lack of man points but I’m yet to gain further knowledge on all things plumbing.

Thanks

Hi
Just pay a experienced plumber 1 hours labour and it's sorted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipes and the system... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock