Discuss Pipe stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

learnplum

Good evein all, just curious about the title. (thanks again guys for the previous post.)
OK here it goes.
I can,t see an advantage of a pipe stat in conjunction with a frost stat.
Seen one today in a garage, and as usual on dinner noted the make down.(sad I no:tounge_smile:)
Its a honeywell L641B1004.
So the frost stat was set to 5 degrees and the pipe to 20 degrees.
Am I missing something?(besides a decent brain,lol)

frost stat activates and turns on boiler, because it will still pick up the cold weather temp, the pipe stat is used to turn off the boiler when the system reaches 20 degrees other wise boiler would stay on needlessly, simples

Temperature drops, frost stat bringhs boiler on, pipes and boiler heat up, pipe stat turns boiler off, pipe temperature drops, boiler lights for another 5 minutes then goes off and so on.

No pipe stat and the boiler will run all day and night until air temperature rises.

Thanks Lame, that makes sense.
But what is a puzzle to me, even though you have now protected the heating side, with the pipe stat, what if say the hot water pipe is not lagged, and its bloomin freezin, the system now thinks everythink is ok.
But the hot water pipe could freeze?
I think lol?

I seem to see more frost stats on their own, without pipe stats in conjunction?:tounge_smile:

Good practice dancin I know, but I see loads of jobs with no lagging at all.

It's only there to protect the boiler and heating pipework.
modern boilers have all this built in now.

AH, now this was a combi ideal classic, are you sayin this boiler can take care of its- self on the hot water side on a cold day?

Good practice dancin I know, but I see loads of jobs with no lagging at all.
Job there for you fella :) all pipework installed where there is a possibility of freezing must be insulated. And is good practise to always insulate the dhw pipe where possible

Hang on it can,t because someone on the forum, has educated me that the hot water pipe is a dead leg, until demand for ho****er.

Should lagg hot to stop it get in cold. Lagg cold to stop it get in hot and having condensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe stats in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back