Search the forum,

Discuss Pipe sizing... Continued problem !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DannyPerren

Please help....

as previously posted i have a problem with my oil supply line, can i ask do all 8mm soft copper pipe come with an internal diameter of 6mm or is it a special order job? alos am i best using flare fittings or compression ?

i have 30m pipe run and a 1.5m lift to the burner and using a tigerloop ! i have been told that its a pipe sizing issue that the boiler locks out ?

What do the manufacturers instructions say? Flared fittings have to be nice and square for a good seal, If you use compression you must use pipe inserts to stop the pipe deforming. Are you qualified to work with oil ie Oftec if not a qualified person will be able to sort it no problem plus laying a new oil supply pipe is notifiable to local building control. Personally I wouldn't be telling you how to do the job if you hold no qualifications as its taking food from other engineers tables who have taken the time to get qualified in a profession that has serious implications if it is done incorrectly much the same as if it was a gas heating system. Nothing personal :grouphug:

have you calculated the pipe size needed, would be a shame to do it all in 8mm for it not to work as 6mm pipe is needed

Myles not taken personal mate i understand where your coming from i am NICEIC approved, Gas Safe, Construction line, CHAS, NSI Gold, SSAIB and pending OFTEC ! i know how expensive these things are and how long it takes to train to become qualified...im fine on normal gas plumbing but oil is new to me... starting out in a new field is always hard as i have no guidance hence why im asking for help !

Lame Plumber.... yes i have done the calcs and i believe i need an 8mm pipe with 6mm internal diameter? i was asking is this a standard pipe?

Yes I think that is fairly standard, but to be fair, 99.8% of places I go to run feeds in 10mm.
Normal compression is fine, to save reducing the size further I would perhaps not use inserts, but to nip the olive on then a smear of Rocol or Heldite in the olive, then pinch it up a little tighter than before. But if it is already all there, have you checked the oil line is clear from the tank to the Tigerloop? nice flow of oil?
Is this a new install?

Just read your other post about this issue.
Pulling oil to the Tigerloop with a pump is the same as the fuel pump pulling it, doesn't tell you if its being restricted.
Open that elbow below the Tigerloop and wait, maybe 5 mins, if oil is coming flowing out nicely then brilliant. If not, you have a blockage, or slight blockage causing your issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pipe sizing... Continued problem !! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going to dig it up and replace it šŸ˜¬. Question is can I use normal 22mm plumbing push-fit connectors to make the connection as finding 22mm MDPE fittings...
Replies
Views
Hello all, Iā€™m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. Iā€™m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. Itā€™s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock